Robyn - New Album | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Robyn - New Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by aux, May 4, 2020.

1. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Um exsqueeze me but 'Trust Me' is actually a fantastic ethereal warm disco bop.

The other two are there.

moorje, aux and Dennis like this.
  2. aux

aux

She's currently doing a live DJ set.

cpr and michaelhird like this.
  3. This is amazing.

Was proper in my groove when the music went ha.

wolfgangna and aux like this.
  4. This set is everything. I'm so gagged. Her energy is unreal, I want some of that.

5. Let's dance, let's shout, let's stop playing Michael Jackson records, Robin.

6. Yessss Madonna

7. OK the ending was iconic. "My USB is messing up. So this is the last song. Byeee!"

8. She is so cute, we dont deserve her. Great song to finish on.

9. He

He

@aux sis, do you happen to have the set list for the the dj gig? Gracias!

aux and 2014 like this.
  10. aux

aux

Here you go!

I removed Shake Your Body by The Jacksons for the obvious reasons.

11. There was a track by Nancy Martinez - Cant Beleive that was played but I cant find it on any streaming platforms at all, apart from YouTube. It was sped up a bit more but the original below is still tres amaze.

tripmywire and aux like this.
  12. Didn't she play a remix of Anthem by N-Joi as well? It went all the way off but I'm not sure which one it was...

Ezekiel's Wheel slaps.

aux likes this.
  13. aux

aux

14. Robyn being held accountable if...not actually getting this album out within the next 6 years

[​IMG]

aux likes this.
  15. aux

aux

Today, officially, Robyn's Dancing On My Own turns 10.

I'd be lying if I didn't say this song is hitting a bit harder than normal these days and it's insane to think this song is turning ten when it sounds just as fresh as it did ten years ago.

What a bulletproof pop song, hands down one of the most incredible songs I’ve ever heard. This song is an encapsulation of everything people love about Robyn. The strong synths that shower the entire song, the “tears on the dance floor” motif that runs throughout, the sharp pop lyricism… Truly a perfect pop song. Four minutes and forty nine seconds of sheer sadness and euphoria at the same time.

Hearing her perform this song live, and hearing ten thousand people shout the lyrics to Dancing On My Own, as it if was the biggest song of all time... I'll never forget that.

16. 2014

2014 Staff Member

A cute BBC News article about the song's birthday.

D.Jay, mynextrick, lushLuck and 3 others like this.
  17. Dancing On My Own really is THAT bitch. Ten years ago, today and ten years from now.

nbtsa, ManilaChinchilla, 2014 and 3 others like this.
  18. aux

aux

She uploaded the "music video" she filmed herself for Mark Ronson's lockdown DJ set a couple of weeks ago. It's a biT iconic. I'm assuming she uploaded it to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Dancing On My Own.

I'm going to try and make some more GIFs like this one from the official upload nn.

[​IMG]

19. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Yass! It's actually such a fantastic video and easily the highlight of Mark's set. What a legend.

20. That...that may be the GIF of this decade?

Eskapism and aux like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.