Robyn UK album news

Re: Robyn News! Album!

I Have been a big fan of robyn since 1997, if she plans on releasing again in the u.s she has to release BE MINE, or maybe a new song, i think WITH EVERY HEARTBEAT could be a good dance hit, but BE MINE would be the SINCE U BEEN GONE 2007 , Possibly Bigger!

S

Steve

popanut said:
Im really diggin the new versions.. Especially Bum like You..

They should have included the radio edit of Should Have Known on the UK edition though cuz its fantastic.. That extra sound put in there drives me bonkers..

Do you mean the Guy Sigsworth version? I prefer that over the Phat Fabe remix on "Robyn."

Steve said:
popanut said:
Im really diggin the new versions.. Especially Bum like You..

They should have included the radio edit of Should Have Known on the UK edition though cuz its fantastic.. That extra sound put in there drives me bonkers..

Do you mean the Guy Sigsworth version? I prefer that over the Phat Fabe remix on "Robyn."

Ya know I am not sure .. The version I got was only labeled as Radio edit.. I can tell you the songs sound excactly the same with the addition of that extra sound I mentioned. Sounds sort of like a twang, it just helps add to the beat and carries the song a little better. Although either version is fabs...

Just out of curiousity, what is with the fascination with Be Mine! I just don't get it I never have.. I mean its alright but it keeps getting the Since U Been Gone comparisons which I just don't see. Let me just say firstly it needs to be more upbeat..

xolondon said:
Be Mine has some nice zippy strings!

I think it's a really weak song. Honestly, it would do about as well as Annie's 'Heartbeat'. Robyn doesn't need to be compared to Kelly Clarkson, by releasing Konichiwa Bitches, she'll be compared to nobody but herself and we should pray it's a hit.

I got Robyn UK Album Promo...

I work for a magazine, so managed to get an album promo from the guys that do her PR in the UK. The reworked versions of Bum Like You and Robotboy are ok...but no way as good as the originals. They just sound like the same song with a heavy beat in the background. Still such an amazing album though!

Any of you folks off to the Metro next Friday then?

I shall be there, £8 well spent... sold out now.

Im loving the UK edition of the album - adding new tracks and new versions has given it a great face lift, plus i think the songs make more sense in the UK format.

The new version of 'bum like you' is wonderful but im unsure about robotboy - but i like the fact i now have two versions, so im happy. Also loving the Menta remix of 'konichiwa bitches' all though its kinda timbaland-ish, but to me that isnt a bad thing.

Hope Robyn has great success, or at least makes enough money to record many albums to come - love her and her style

L xxxx

Does anyone know what time she is on stage at theMetro..the website says Doors 7:30-10:30 but that cant be right???

R

Ragestar

oooh... this is the same Robyn from years ago, then?

Rage* said:
oooh... this is the same Robyn from years ago, then?

Why yes, yes it is.. She never went anywhere .. With 4 amazing albums under her belt (well does this re-release constitute 4 1/2?)..

Don't Stop the Music is one of the best things to happen to pop, period.

Ordon said:
I wish the piano version of BE MINE would be released as a single here in the UK. Gorgeous

I've just downloaded it as I've just been to see her at the Metro.
I thought she was very good,especially as I didn't know what to expect.
I only downloaded her new album a couple of days ago so I was just getting to grips with the songs.
She played a stripped down guitar version of "Be mine" as her final encore, putting a lot of passion into her vocal.
With her album due in April,I'll certainly have it on my Birthday list for May!

Here are lyrics to Be Mine:

It's a good thing tears never show in the pouring rain
As if a good thing ever could make up for all the pain
There'll be no last chance to promise to never mess it up again
Just the sweet pain of watching your back as you walk
As I'm watching you walk away
And now you're gone, there's like an echo in my head
And I remember every word you said

It's a cruel thing you'll never know all the ways I tried
It's a hard thing, faking a smile when I feel like I'm falling apart inside
And now you're gone, there's like an echo in my head
And I remember every word you said

But you never were, and you never will be mine
No, you never were, and you never will be mine

For the first time, there is no mercy in your eyes
And the cold wind is hitting my face and you're gone
And you're walking away (away)
And I am helpless sometimes
Wishing's just no good
'Cause you don't see me like I wish you would

'Cause you never were, and you never will be mine

There's a moment to seize everytime that we meet
But you always keep passing me by

(I saw you at the station,
You had your arm around what's-her-name
She had on that scarf I gave you
And you got down to tie her laces)

(You looked happy, and that's great)
(I just miss you, that's all)

There's a moment to seize everytime that we meet (hey, yeah)

(You never were, and you never will)
You never were and you never will be mine

There's a moment to seize everytime that we meet

I have to say I think they're the loveliest, most touching lyrics I've read in a long time, and the ballad version of Be Mine is especially moving.

Her 'With Every Heartbeat' is an a slice of electropop brilliance.

Yes, it treads where other songs have been before (namely Kylie's 'Lightyears' and, therefore, 'I Feel Love'), but it does it so well - and the vocal sounds a bit Kate Bush-esque, which makes me love it even more.

Just the end section where she sings "and it hurts with every heartbeat"... it almost makes me well up.

Can't believe I just admitted that, but since I'm too lazy to hit the delete key, there we go.