Röyksopp - Profound Mediocrities | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum

Röyksopp - Profound Mediocrities

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by LE0Night, Oct 6, 2021.

1. ^ Thank you! Who's the singer at 0:45 - 1:30? It's not Beki Mari, the tone sounds completely different. It doesn't sound like Pixx either. But it's definitely a voice I feel like I've heard before. That track sounds like my fav of the project so far, BOP.

10 tracks again, seems like 6 with vocals.
    1. 0:00 - 0:45 instrumental/robot voices
    2. 0:45 - 1:30: unknown female vocalist
    3. 1:30 - 2:15: Susanne Sundfør - BOP
    4. 2:15 - 3:00: Second Susanne track - another slowie
    5. 3:00 - 3:30: Instrumental
    6. 3:30 - 4:15: Jamie Irrepressible
    7. 4:15 - 5:00: Instrumental
    8. 5:00 - 5:45: 99% sure this is Pixx?
    9. 5:45 - 6:30: Astrid S but her vocal only features in the last 15 sec clip
    10. 6:30 - 7:39: Instrumental

2. Thanks for compiling all the parts. Judging from the previews, this will really be better than the first one.

3. Thank God for Breathe coming along at Track 8 to shake things up cause, dare I say it, I was getting a little bored...

Creguk, SockMonkey and moorje like this.
  4. Received my CD today. It's nice, and compared to some other recent releases I've had the card stock used for the digipack is very thick and good quality. The odd AI-looking paintings don't seem too bad in print either... the booklet includes lyrics and a painting for each song (like on the website).

5. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

Yeah, let’s be real, this is a very good 4 track EP. I almost bought the CD when I was out today, now I’m really glad I didn’t.

The full album visualiser is a nice touch, however.

AceReject likes this.
  6. I think y‘all need to give the album a few more listens. Just because some tracks are longer, quieter, more repetitive or fully instrumental, doesn’t mean they‘re bad or boring.
    I put on my headphones and listened to „There, Beyond The Trees“ right now. It’s beautiful and full of subtle melodies. It reminds me of how I felt about Compulsion when I heard it for the first time. There is something gripping and addictive about it.

moorje, etienne, tripmywire and 2 others like this.
  7. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

I’m all here for instrumentals but some of them are just muzak. The Yellow clips sound better. I think the three albums will produce one great selected playlist.

8. Oh my, that sounds glorious, especially the first 3 tracks. Can‘t wait for the yellow album.

sfmartin likes this.
  9. Agree, just listened to the yellow clips for the first time and they are much better. I believe this project as a whole will deliver at least 10-12 brilliant tracks, so I‘m more than happy.

sfmartin and SockMonkey like this.
  10. I just re-discovered You don't have a clue
    [​IMG]

On the other hand new album is fine...it does sound like part of something bigger and it will take time to grow, but I love Breath and If you love me.

11. I stayed away from any of the previews, so I can now say with confidence that 'Impossible' is G L O R I O U S, but it feels like an epic album closer. Not track 3.

etienne, jayjay and Pink Frost like this.
  12. I love the album! It is the perfect balance of vocal and instrumental tracks and tempos.

But I loved Senior as well which was 95% instrumental.

jayjay likes this.
  13. I really miss their Melody AM sound, so am glad there are some elements of that on this album.

sfmartin, Pink Frost and jayjay like this.
  14. How the Flowers Grow, If You Want Me and Breathe are all amazing. A Susanne Sundfør + Røyksopp album would be a dream.

15. What an album. I am a fan since Melody AM and glad they ditch into that Sound here and there.
    The procution is absolute rich. Impossible, This Time this place, are the standouts for me.

tripmywire, soratami and sfmartin like this.
  16. upload_2022-5-19_12-5-53.png

"Breathe (Röyksopp Remix)" out at midnight.

jayjay likes this.
  17. Humanracin, tripmywire and andru like this.
  18. Jamie is ZzzQuil most of the time.

19. "Sorry," the first song from Profound Mysteries (Part 2/Yellow), will be available at midnight local time.

Short film "Past" premieres at 5pm:

jayjay likes this.

20. Interestingly the short film for the next track is already out:

This one sounds so good. I read someone said it’s Karen Harding singing??

sfmartin, JonBcn, andru and 1 other person like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.