Röyksopp - Profound Mediocrities | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum

Röyksopp - Profound Mediocrities

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by LE0Night, Oct 6, 2021.

1. The Jamie track does very little for me, but the second clip... mmmmm the flavours!

sfmartin and andru like this.
  2. This is gorgeous. Jamie should be as regarded as John Grant.

3. "Unity" with Karen Harding out at midnight.

2014, xondus, jayjay and 3 others like this.
  4. [​IMG]

"Profound Mysteries II," out August 19.
    1. Denimclad Baboons - 3:43
    2. Let's Get It Right (feat. Astrid S) - 5:06
    3. Unity (feat. Karen Harding) - 5:05
    4. Oh, Lover (feat. Susanne Sundfør) - 6:14
    5. Sorry (feat. Jamie Irrepressible) - 5:00
    6. Control - 6:14
    7. It Was A Good Thing (feat. Pixx) - 4:13
    8. Remembering The Departed - 3:50
    9. Tell Him (feat. Susanne Sundfør) - 5:27
    10. Some Resolve - 6:43

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
  5. One of these is going to house all the bops, I just know it!
    I really enjoyed part one after some time living with it.

6. Looking forward to this one. Was Karen Harding mentioned in the article from the Norwegian newspaper that revealed the triple album thing??

7. I don’t think she was so this is a nice surprise! I knew I’d heard that voice before.

jayjay likes this.
  8. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Karen Harding yasssss!!

9. There is an edit too!! It sounds so good!!

sfmartin and andru like this.
  10. This is amazing!!! Gorgeous and summery.

sfmartin likes this.

11. My fav track of the era so far, so euphoric and summery. I love that they gave us an edit too - I wish the radio edit of Impossible was on streaming as well.

sfmartin likes this.
  12. This sounds different from the clips and the short film, doesn’t it? Like they’ve gone back and remixed it. It packs less of a punch, some of the gorgeous harmonies from the clips are gone and this is more breezy and laidback. I wish I hadn’t listened to the clips so much as they sound better in comparison to the final version. I know they’re notorious for being perfectionists and chipping away at stuff endlessly but sometimes it’s not necessary. Also see Running To The Sea - that first version was perfect and the subsequent album mix lost some of that magic sparkle it had.

sfmartin and Future Lover like this.
  13. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought this. Much preferred the earlier versions.

xondus likes this.
  14. Unity is honestly very good, both the regular version and the edit! Kind of obsessed with it.

I think its very modern and fresh for them in particular, while still retaining a lot of elements that they are known for. I don't mind if it's been simplified down a bit as I never listened to the snippets.

15. 'Unity' is fantastic. Something about it gives me 'Unfinished Sympathy' vibes.

'Impossible' remains that slinky electronic bop for me though.

jayjay and tripmywire like this.
  16. I'm hoping for one uptempo Susanne song, although for me, Mourning Sun is zenith of this collection so far.

17. Unity is great. Very 90s.

Ferk likes this.
  18. Unity is phenomenal in all of its unRöyksopp glory. Sorry is also lovely and sounds like something to unpackage over repeated listens.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.