Röyksopp - Profound Mysteries | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Röyksopp - Profound Mysteries

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by LE0Night, Oct 6, 2021.

1. There are Senior fans?

2. @2014

Noir and 2014 like this.
  3. I like Senior, just not as much as I like the rest of their stuff.

4. The way they’ve teased some of their best collaborations in years (Alison Goldfrapp!!!!!!) but are trolling with releases stronger than Nyquil.

These indie electronica girls make me so sick!!!!!

Noir, digitalkaiser, Nunya B and 3 others like this.
  5. The Goldfrapp collab is clearly next, probably coming in a couple of days. It's been the same with previous two tracks - a teaser, a surprise track appearing on Spotify NZ, a video, and a "visualiser". I don't hate the campaign at all - it's giving me iamamiwhoami, obviously a lot less compelling, but I appreciate the individual tracks a lot more.

Noir and andru like this.
  6. I was assuming the same but they shared a snippet from the Astrid S collab few days ago. So who knows, maybe they are not going in the same order as the Soundcloud clip.

7. It's not just "a Soundcloud clip", they were actually enumerated 01-30 on the website, with 10 or 11 distinct tracks in order. I don't see them deviating from it.

8. 10 tracks, 10th being "Press R". As far as I am concerned, rhe idea of releasing all tracks one by one doesn't seem logical as people will start to lose their patience at some point. I can't even imagine them doing it for all the three albums but we shall see.

xondus likes this.

9. Premiering tomorrow at 6pm CET/5pm GMT/12pm EST/9AM PST

10. Looks like the video is 1 minute 11 seconds long, so probably another situation like before - a short visual clip before the song itself comes on Friday?

Future Lover likes this.
  11. This is Alison Goldfrapp, right?

Edit: Just saw the Instagram tag. It is %100 her.

12. I’m legitimately falling apart, this is a fever dream??

13. Just knowing "Royksopp ft. Alison Goldfrapp" exists gives a younger version of me some much-needed closure.

14. This is going to slap so hard.

FridayNight, Lander, neinzedd and 8 others like this.
  15. Those synths and her voice are hitting my g spot directly.

FridayNight, Lander, neinzedd and 9 others like this.
  16. Is it just me or does this sound like Alison Goldfrapp AND ionnalee?

Glenolabar, neinzedd and sfmartin like this.
  17. This is going to tear apart my intestines from side to side and thrash me around like a cast member from Jaws, and I am ready

18. The video will basically be a short preview, not sure when the full track is coming, since it's still not out in New Zealand.

andru likes this.
  19. I'm so excited for this song, it sounds massive! I've been hammering their discography a lot recently and diving into their first few releases has been a treat. (and discovering some never heard before gems!) I fell in love with them when I picked up their live album "Royskopps Night Out" in high school at a Cheapo in the used CD bin. I was never the same!

My new hot take is as much as people would like to say 'Junior' was their BPG album, I truly feel 'The Understanding' fits that bill more.

Future Lover likes this.

20. Well it did it's job because I want the song now.

Lander, FridayNight, sfmartin and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.