Róisín Murphy - Crooked Machine [New Album April 30th] | Page 78 | The Popjustice Forum

Róisín Murphy - Crooked Machine [New Album April 30th]

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by michaelhird, May 31, 2019.

1. She was on Martyn Ware’s podcast today and confirmed the lead-in single for the remix album would be a Simulation mix.

sinner, FINISH LINE and eatyourself like this.
  2. The caption!!

Mr.Arroz, wodny, sinner and 13 others like this.
  3. You can hear the new track for the Gun Aid LP here.

Humanracin, tea, FINISH LINE and 3 others like this.

4. I’m pretty sure this is Crooked Machine since the mix sounds like Simulation.

5. I was today years old when I found out that there is an official video for this song, even starring Róisín!

6. Hmmmmm that My Advice is a bit of a dreary Sunday

7. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021 at 2:02 PM
    tea, sinner, michaelhird and 3 others like this.
  8. Yeah to add to this, this is the Simulation remix leading Crooked Machine. I assume tomorrow’s information is the announcement of the album.

tea, Mr Blonde, sinner and 1 other person like this.
  9. How clever is this )
    She never ceases to surprise

10. Hmmm not for me but looking forward to the remix album.

11. [​IMG]

12. I hope she's on the actual cover! But oh well if not. I'm so excited for this.

HorseTears and jvckkk like this.
  13. michaelhird and xOJakeXo like this.
  14. That gold-brown color is not it on first glance but I love her remixes with Crooked Man so this is exciting!

Mr Blonde and xOJakeXo like this.
  15. Mama is feeding us well.

neinzedd and HorseTears like this.
  16. I love with the 'Assimilation' cover. She knows who to work with.

OlliMaus likes this.
  17. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Exciting! Love the title.

jvckkk likes this.
  18. It's very...piece of cardboard or a cork board nn. The album art direction was a shoot so hopefully there's more to this.

Thrilled for a remix album!

Andy French likes this.
  19. Assimilation appeared on apple music for me and maaaaan it’s soooo goood!!!! I can’t believe how can an already amazing track be reinvented in such way. She’s too good for us sinners.

Can’t wait for this album, hope we’ll get a physical release as well.

20. The way she talked about Roisin Machine just being one brief snapshot in a constant morphing of these songs was really fascinating to me. Approaching tracks not as finite objects but as frameworks that can be pulled apart, remixed and reworked, and that exist in multiple different forms feels so fresh and thrilling.

R92, Adam Real, 2014 and 13 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.