Róisín Murphy - Crooked Machine [New Album April 30th] | Page 79 | The Popjustice Forum

Róisín Murphy - Crooked Machine [New Album April 30th]

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by michaelhird, May 31, 2019.

1. (ROOFED MACHINE

Deer Stop, Jacques, Wigworld and 5 others like this.

2. This remix honestly does a lot more for me than any of the Crooked stuff so far - it feels more like an alternate version/re-work than a straight up remix - the DNA of the song is still there, it just takes it into a new space - late night, hazy and sensual.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021 at 12:55 AM
  3. Also - cover is the same as we’ve seen.

01. Kingdom of Machines
    02. Echo Returns
    03. Capable Rhythm
    04. Assimilation
    05. Crooked Madame
    06. Less Is More
    07. Name Changer
    08. We Are the Law
    09. Hardcore Jealousy

We Got Together is the only track without an alternate but I figure it could have been blended in, since it’s another continuous mix.

ModeRed, Deer Stop, sinner and 7 others like this.
  4. The new track titles are a scream, particularly Echo Returns.

5. Crooked Madame sent me for some reason. Iconic

Island, Liberty, Jacques and 3 others like this.
  6. My first thought was

7. crying

SageCommeUneImage likes this.
  8. I've been trying to figure it out for 5 minutes... what is Echo Returns supposed to be?

9. That will be the Narcissus remix (Echo is the nymph who fell in love with Narcissus)!

10. Assimilation is nice. However, I am still annoyed that we're getting continuous mixes only!

11. I was kind of annoyed there was no vinyl, but then I saw the artwork.

12. Assimilation is almost as good as Simulation - what a nice surprise. We love a smooth groove.

HorseTears and jvckkk like this.
  13. Very happy it's a continuous mix!! Surprised she's not throwing out another vinyl edition.

sugarcoma and HorseTears like this.
  14. She is - for Record Store Day at the very least.

15. Make me eat my words Mama Murphy.

Dennis likes this.
  16. https://crackmagazine.net/2021/04/roisin-murphy-to-release-crooked-machine-remix-album/

Aester, Mikal, 2014 and 1 other person like this.
  17. I'm so poised for this. All the electronic/dance girls need to be working as closely with producers to produce more alternate interpretations of their records.

HorseTears and aux like this.
  18. This is so cool. I like the new song but I feel like I will love it when I hear the whole album.

19. Ooh, I love "Assimilation" even more than "Simulation." So happy to have this woman releasing music.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.