Róisín Murphy - General Discussion | Page 173 | The Popjustice Forum

Róisín Murphy - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by slimane, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Is there no end to this woman’s talents?

2. Her life is like a dream - anything she puts her mind to comes true.

3. That's exciting. I mean, I think she's already proven that she's a gifted actress in her self-directed Hairless Toys videos. Each one was a little cinematic wonder.

Hopefully the same will be true when she has spoken dialogue.

FINISH LINE, jvckkk, soratami and 3 others like this.
  4. Pretty sure I remember her mentioning she had a role the film Northern Soul, but couldn’t do it due to her pregnancy.

mcuk, jvckkk and Deer Stop like this.
  5. Only this morning for the first time did I realise Cry Baby samples Native Love… one of those ‘hiding in plain sight’ moments.

Wonder if anyone’s ever made a Native Love/Cry Baby/Rippin Up the Disco mashup? Also wondering if there’s any connection betwixt Cry Baby and Rippin given they’re both 2007 releases. X came out a month later - not really late enough to have ripped ideas off Roisin. I would suggest it could be another reason (one of many I’m sure) for Ro’s saltiness in past years - but given Rippin was only a CD bonus track I doubt she ever heard of it.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
    eatyourself, TrendyMüller and Noir like this.
  6. It´s not a sample, more a very blatant rip-off tasteful homage. Funnily enough they had a Divine impostor in the Moviestar video. I still think they should have gone with Cry Baby for this video and single.

I might try if there´s a good mash-up to be made with both songs. I already did this and this (amongst other things)

eatyourself and Fair Haired Fool like this.
  7. I‘m travelling to Cologne later today to catch her last stop on this tour. It‘s my 5th time seeing her live in general and she never disappoints.
    I texted her as a true stan stalker privately and begged her to sing Ancora Tu as an encore…cringy I know, so let’s see.

sinner and WoW73 like this.
  8. I saw her on Sunday in Utrecht. Such an iconic performer (though I was not that impressed with some of the versions she did, but hey, it's HER)

tripmywire likes this.
  9. I accepted @fairhairedfool's challenge and threw down a quick and dirty mix of Native Love and Cry Baby. Both songs combined have so much cowbell that I eventually thought I was going to lactate!
    Anyway, due to the Divine song having so many edits and percussion it´s almost impossible to synchronize both songs with the (old-skool) mixing technique I use, which is live turntable mixing.
    There are some jarring moments when the whole thing sounds like the cows are starting a stampede.
    However, the second half is where it all takes off...and there´s a wicked moment around 6:00 where an echo effect turns "native" into "divine". I will never have that recipe again.
    Enjoy (or something):

varjak, ModeRed and eatyourself like this.
  10. I know everyone's talking about Kim and Dua and Naomi and Nicole.

But here's Mum, special guest and performer, at the Balenciaga show in Paris.

wodny, Island, jvckkk and 8 others like this.
  11. Drop the new album, Ro.

Island, jvckkk, Mikal and 8 others like this.
  12. Why does she not age?

Guyhawke! and Ferk like this.
  13. She previewed a new track on Instagram, but she's taken it down (or it expired) sounded like another DJ Koze track but can't quite put my finger on it.

tripmywire likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.