Róisín Murphy - Róisín/Crooked Machine | Page 59 | The Popjustice Forum

Róisín Murphy - Róisín/Crooked Machine

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by michaelhird, May 31, 2019.

1. The fact that We Got Together came from an onstage ad-lib tribute to Andrew Weatherall is amazing

https://omg.blog/roisin-murphy-qa-2020/

Another enormous track on the record is “We Got Together,” which feels almost like the inverse of “Incapable”’s inquisitive, romantic themes in that it just celebrates hooking up and having a wild time.

“We Got Together” is just such a simple refrain — it just does what it says on the tin! And it’s just about that! We got together in the past. We moved together. We grew together. We danced together! Well, fucking come on!

It’s pretty jaw dropping in its directness. It’s a full-on refrain that we do universally need — no frills added!

To be honest, the refrain came from ad-libbing it on stage on top of another song, “Flash of Light,” which is a much sadder song. So, when I was initially writing it there was actually much more pain in it! It was more begging “We did get together! Didn’t we?!”

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  2. 2014

2014 Staff Member

HOW IS THIS ALBUM SO GOOD!?!?!?!

Eskapism, michaelhird, jvckkk and 5 others like this.
  3. Just finished my first listen.... and "Jealousy"... WOW, what an ending. This is a truly great album. Need to give it one more listen before forming full opinions. But.... "Jealousy"!!

4. Are y‘all hearing Jealousy for the first time? It‘s been released 100 years ago.

Wallow likes this.
  5. The album mix is completely different though, I guess people are excited about that.

6. Jealousy is now good, who knew?!

7. Where is she in the mids?!

8. I prefer the house mix of "Jealousy" but the disco mix makes a cute ending for the album.

HorseTears likes this.
  9. I remember the days when there was a fair few who slated the house and disco mixes of Jealousy, I couldn't understand as i was gagging.

Happy to see people love it now, what a closer though.

Also Ro is No.9 in the midweeks, should be No.1 but I'll take it if I have to.

sinner, jvckkk, AlmostFamous and 5 others like this.
  10. Honestly I had listened to Jealousy and Simulation all of two times before this album so they're pretty fresh to these ears despite having been out for half a decade.

11. I think that's a great result! Keeping everything crossed she stays there. This album deserves it!

12. ....I still don't love Jealousy, but I like it in the context of this album, it works, and even better it only clocks in at 4.13.

lob0to and highcontrast like this.
  13. And to be fair, listening to those versions of Jealousy and Simulation start-to-finish twice would take up about that entire half decade.

Eskapism, Crisp X, OlliMaus and 7 others like this.
  14. That intro to Jealousy theaux

[​IMG]

codecat, Eskapism, OlliMaus and 4 others like this.
  15. I mean if y'all want 3-4 minute songs you can find them literally anywhere else!

16. Simulation is so horny and sensual. What a fucking way to start the album!

17. I'm sort of obsessed with Shellfish Mademoiselle.

18. The earlier versions of Jealousy were a bit of a slog, I'll give you that, but Simulation really worked every split second of its original 11:27 minute running time for all its worth.

19. 100% agreed. I understand the edit for this album, but that full-length Simulation is perfect.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.