Róisín Murphy - Róisín Machine (Brand New Album). | Page 172 | The Popjustice Forum

Róisín Murphy - Róisín Machine (Brand New Album).

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by andidee5, Apr 17, 2016.

1. An album of bangers? I'm just happy she has rediscovered how to write killer hooks again.

kermit_the_frog likes this.
  2. Right? Plus, she would sell some records for once.

3. She’s certainly not “Incapable” of writing major hooks and melodies.

4. I mean, I'm not sure that Narcissus is that much more mainstream than her recent releases, nor is it particularly on-trend, right? It's fabulous, unabashed disco, but it still has plenty of weirdness and takes it's time unraveling, too. Is disco lighting up the charts anywhere?

Do we know who's responsible for the string arrangements on Narcissus? They are so good. Just brilliantly performed, too. It would actually be fun to see video from the recording session. Shame it's almost certain we'd never get a Narcissus performed live with a full string section, though.

(Also, Hairless Toys is littered with hooks)

man.tis.shrimp, sinner and Mr Blonde like this.
  5. I haven't listened to the Overpowered b-sides in ages - the middle 8 of Foolish is sooo pretty.

Not that Ro doesn't make pretty sounding music otherwise, but something about it jumped out at me. A light delicate airiness.

sinner likes this.
  6. New single out on Wednesday:

7. Is it called Justice? Is it... with Justice?

8. adz

adz

Nom nom.

9. No to both of those, but the emoji in the tweet is a clue. As is her surname.

FINISH LINE and HorseTears like this.
  10. What?! This week?
    How wonderful!

11. Ahhhhh!

12. Earlier this month she posted some videos from the studio, could be teasers of Justice:

DJ Koze was also in the studio with her. I like the idea of them working together again, Illumination is quite excellent.

lob0to likes this.
  13. Prunella Scales on guest vocals...??

14. Murphy's Law?

Pretend and Eel_Ssab like this.
  15. Murphy's Law I'm guessing. Any idea who she's worked with or been working with?

Ha @chris4862

chris4862 likes this.
  16. Yep. I only noticed yesterday that it was mentioned in this thread back in 2017:

FINISH LINE and Eel_Ssab like this.
  17. Very much here for this.

backstreetjoe likes this.
  18. Excited!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.