Róisín Murphy - Róisín Machine (Brand New Album). | Page 174 | The Popjustice Forum

Róisín Murphy - Róisín Machine (Brand New Album).

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by andidee5, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Good year so far...this, Jessie Ware, the new Destroyer album...all class!

2. Sophie A Slut is releasing an album?

theelusivechanteuse likes this.
  3. I feel my story's still untold

But I'll make my own happy ending

I guess I'd rather be alone

Than making due and mending

4. aux

aux

This woman's career is just exquisite. Moloko and their four perfect albums, and now herself with a masterpiece, and several great albums.

sinner and Vitamin like this.
  5. This is lovely. I absolutely love the pitch-shifting on the vocals, actually – it makes it sound so gloopy and syrupy.

Mr Blonde, Humanracin, sinner and 3 others like this.
  6. This should be more or less her actual pitch.

I like the deeper version, but it does seem a bit gimmicky and also sounds super alien once you listened to the pitched up version.

OlliMaus, R0B0TB0Y, lloyd90 and 3 others like this.
  7. This is excellent! I’m so, so ready for a new album from her.

Humanracin likes this.
  8. Today's evening couldn't have a better soundtrack - Roisin can do no wrong with these latest releases.

Humanracin and wolfgangna like this.
  9. Creates a song with one of her most accessible melodies since the Overpowered-era, then pitch shifts her vocals because... art?

I wish I understood Ms. Murphy's madness.

10. Kooky

11. I love the vocals on Murphy's Law.
    This is my favourite of all her non album singles over the past couple of years.

12. I think it sounds completely fine. I swear it's not even that pitched? She sounded this deep on some Overpowered songs.

sinner, Vitamin, Mikal and 1 other person like this.
  13. How did you do that? I have the wav version from Traxsource and I'd love to be able to get it to sound like your sample.

14. This and Spotlight are giving me life. 2020 is going to be one hell of a year.

MrMannacroix and sinner like this.
  15. The pitch shift isn't even that extreme, chill. The song is a syrupy bop.

16. Are these still one off singles, or are we getting an actual album?

17. I changed the pitch by 13% (I think?) in Audacity. But it just sounds bad once you correct it.

lloyd90 and ohaimanabu like this.
  18. I love the low pitch! Especially during the spoken intro and the first verse. It sounds so subliminally detached as if her inner voice is telling the story. As soon as she goes into the chorus, her voice is so recognisable that the pitch is merely noticeable.
    Next to Incapable (which I still find the best of her recent output) it´s the second 8 minute song that never feels this long. It grooves and flows so elegantly that you wonder where time went. Kudos to her and Crooked Man, who has now delivered the third great single with her in a row.

19. Girl, she's Barry White in the intro.

Island, HorseTears, lob0to and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.