Róisín Murphy - Take Her Up To Monto | Page 107 | The Popjustice Forum

Róisín Murphy - Take Her Up To Monto

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by andidee5, Apr 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. But Mi Senti is amazing! :o

neinzedd and Gioroll like this.
  2. It’s out on iTunes as well - but I can’t find it on Bleep or HD Tracks or Beatport just yet.

Gioroll likes this.
  3. $3.39 on I-Tunes for both tracks.

Gioroll likes this.
  4. All My Dreams is the most Moloko thing she's done in years but ends up being a bit boring. Innocence is just pointless, something you might hear in a trendy clothing store played way too loud.

5. Innocence is the new Jealousy/Simulation
    All My Dreams is better, but that’s hardly saying anything. I’ve played the EP all of 3 times since morning. All My Dreams might grow on me after a couple of days. Innocence is so...pointless?

Gioroll likes this.
  6. I‘m shocked by all the negative reviews on here.

ChanticoYaokalix and Sweet Music like this.
  7. I think I might be getting into All My Dreams. Innocence is just a waste of time.

kaushik and Sweet Music like this.
  8. The more All My Dreams is played, the better it gets. Ironically, the more Innocence is played, the more boring it gets.

kaushik likes this.
  9. 20 £ is ridiculous! I'd rather spend that money on Somerset House gig!

mdl likes this.
  10. Little Overpowerbttms will spend on both!

11. Can’t decide if should buy one or not. I’m even more put off by the postage being £6.41 to the UK??? If you plan on buying all 4 it’ll come to £105. Maybe I’ll just stick to seeing her live.

.....it’s so beautiful though!

mdl, Vasilios and Deer Stop like this.
  12. I think it’s mostly Innocence which isn’t that good. All My Dreams has enough going on in the instrumental to be interesting. Plus Róisín’s actually singing on most of the song. I’m sure it will grow on me in a few days.

Innocence is just any other dance track - I love that tumbling synth. I can’t help but feel that the song could have been so much more...interesting? But it just goes on and on aimlessly for a long time - much like Simulation and Jealousy. It might work well as background music for a workout session, but it’s not something that I would like to sit down and listen to.

I guess it’s a matter of taste. If you like this kind of house/dance music, you’ll love both tracks. For me, the lack of Róisín’s vocals on Innocence puts me off the track.

13. Bloody annoying that Apple Music gets three tracks with the third being a Radio Edit of All My Dreams yet it’s nowhere on iTunes!!

kaushik likes this.
  14. I can’t justify spending £26 on a 2 track vinyl. That just seems obscene to me.

The music isn’t that good either, unfortunately.

ModeRed and mdl like this.
  15. All my dreams doesn’t play on my Spotify but the radio edit just appeared and does... very strange

16. Sounds like an album title to me

Róisín Murphy - Music For a Trendy Clothes Shop

17. Now that she's giving the dance music we were all asking for...

sigh* ppl are designed to never be satisfied.

ChanticoYaokalix and neinzedd like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.