Róisín Murphy - Take Her Up To Monto | Page 133 | The Popjustice Forum

Róisín Murphy - Take Her Up To Monto

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by andidee5, Apr 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. But that was the intended release strategy.
    October?! That’s like... half a year. It will just disappoint a lot of people and kill off the last ounce of hype.

kaushik likes this.
  2. It’s good that she’s getting some press coverage and airplay, but changing the release strategy mid-way is annoying.

3. Jacuzzi Rollercoaster and Can’t Hang On are available to purchase on one website. I don’t know if it’s a mistake or not...

kaushik likes this.
  4. Which website?

5. link removed

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    Humanracin, kaushik and Sweet Music like this.
  6. Maybe she's pushing it back because of the school holidays? She's only got a handful of dates between now and the end of August and she might want to just let Plaything play out. I bet she'd like some time with her children too.

Anyway, both tracks are amazing. Jacuzzi Rollercoaster is more retro funk while Can't Hang On is funky infused with 90's club. It remembers me of another song, during the "Looks like nothing has changed, we're still the same" part. Love her multiplied vocals in the chorus. I actually think if they made a four minute edit of Can't Hang On, the 'gays will finally have something they wanted'. A sort of Ruby Blue/Overpowered/90's hybrid with a bit of Charli XCX thrown into it.

7. Sweet, cheers

8. I love you! And thank you Bleep!

Glow, Humanracin and dylbop like this.
  9. Both sound great.

Humanracin likes this.
  10. Thanks @Glow , bought from your link and listening now.

Glow likes this.
  11. Or she’s not got round to making a video.
    Wow thanks!!........though feel a guilty.

12. ok, so Jacuzzi Rollercoaster is the song of my summer.

13. "If you want to take part in the next shoot in london Sep17 PLEASE email [email protected]"

14. Both tracks sound great!

Now she just needs proper management and a video director.

Well, waiting for The Rumble until November will be awkward...

I‘m still confused by the whole release strategy and wondering why she didn’t just make it an album. She can’t expect people to hype all 4 EPs when the majority of songs doesn’t have “single appeal“.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    ModeRed, Humanracin and luluthecat like this.
  15. I would, but I doubt she's in need of graphic designers, you've gotta be a pretentious 'club kid' uuughhhhh

neinzedd likes this.
  16. At least she's giving plenty of notice this time. Last time she only gave 48 hours' notice and kept changing the shooting times so I had to pull out.

17. Loving all 6 songs so far.
    I'm still hoping she will release them on a CD compilation at the end though.

ModeRed likes this.
  18. All My Dreams is still the best one of the 6. Jacuzzi Rollercoaster and Plaything are both good. Innocence has grown on me as well. Like is going to take a while. Can't Hang On is still new, so who knows.

Anyway, how horrible is the artwork for the third single? I expected so much more but the yellow and black cheap vinyl cover like artwork is just...well, cheap. Also, why are the words "Can't Hang On" in the centre of the artwork and not the title of the A-side?

19. Where was this posted? Can't find it on her Twitter.

20. This is the cover of the third single

[​IMG]

The yellow and black one is for the B-side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.