Róisín Murphy | Page 165 | The Popjustice Forum

Róisín Murphy

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by andidee5, Apr 17, 2016.

1. And this, what a day :-) !

2. Oh wow, so many treasures! Thank you!

3. Robyn giving Roisin props for photos at Primavera

4. aux

aux

She tagged the wrong Roisin by the sounds of it.

5. Just found this today. The version of "Overpowered" is gorgeous.

Last year, some show have been broadcasted, did someone find a decent live version of "Flash Of Light" ?

Gioroll, selectual and JonBcn like this.
  6. Why is it always the same songs that get uploaded I'm desperate for Flash of Light and Unputdownable!!
    .....I'm also desperate for Body Language and Modern Timing/Time Is Now from the Overpowered tour but I've little hope for those.

7. She did not perform Flash of Light on the last two festivals Primavera and All Points, just was performed in Newcastle and Glasgow shows, not sure if the song is going to be performed again, since most of the next shows are festivals, and usually the setlist is shorter :(

The Unputdownable live-new version is fantastic! Hope we get this recording, since it seems all Primavera performance has been filmed, who knows who decides.

8. The live arrangement of Overpowered and all the yelling are very fun.

Gioroll likes this.
  9. I've been going through her discography a lot lately because of the single. I wasn't a big fan of Hairless Toys at the time it came out, but I haven't been able to stop listening to it now.

Sine Wave, Gioroll and Noir like this.
  10. Hairless Toys is all 10/10s. It might be her best album.

11. Exploitation is one of her finest moments

12. HT is my favourite album by her along with RB. She delivered after the break.

13. I remember Roisin herself saying that "Exploitation" was an instant classic, and I would have been annoyed if it wasn't so true. The centrepiece on her masterpiece.

Deer Stop and Digital_Fossil like this.
  14. Róisín was what I listened to all the time while depressed, and somehow she was the only thing that could get my head off of the loop of misery. Some time later I traveled abroad for the first time ever and listened to Take Her Up... during the whole trip since she released it exactly while I was there. I was in Rome in the day of her concert and only knew of it the day after... Either way, I love everything she's put out (the albums more than the newer solo tracks) and this new track is no exception.

Gioroll likes this.
  15. I feel ya! At the time I discovered Róiín, was extremely depressed, somehow, her music and sense of style were a really important part to give some steps away from depression.

eatyourself likes this.
  16. Does anybody know how many copies of Flash of Light Vinyl exists? I'm surprised this is a very difficult record to find.

17. There is no more new here.... :-( do you have some news about the Statues LP reissue that was planed this year ?

18. Róisín giving me everything I need today.

wolfgangna likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.