Róisín Murphy | Page 173 | The Popjustice Forum

Róisín Murphy

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by andidee5, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Ohhh I can’t wait for this. I‘m going to see it live at Homobloc, SO exciting!

2. How many have you heard it?

I was really excited for the song - but it’s a bit underwhelming.. it sounds more like a remix and less like it was meant to sound this way. I’m not sure the disco sound suits the song very much.

I hope she also throws the original onto one of the remix EPs because the original is definitely superior!

ohaimanabu likes this.
  3. I'm digging the disco but I do wish she'd kept the original vocals. Also preferring the edit to the longer version - it feels much more focused.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    ohaimanabu likes this.

4. Great, lush DISCO production with all the needed builds and strings. I do think that the solution of the breakdown to is a bit of a let down, though. The come back of the beat could need a bit more poppers and drama. Incapable is much more capable in that respect.

5. What an utterly infectious bop Narcissus is! So glad to hear there's more to come from her and Parrot.

HorseTears likes this.
  6. Who's going to snatch this as their avatar.

7. Lushness x 1,000,000.

This woman is amazing.

HorseTears likes this.
  8. I wonder if this 'growing project' are just songs over time that she's recording with DJ Parrot or whether an album is in the pipeline? I wouldn't be against updated versions of Simulation and Jealousy if they were for an album.

ohaimanabu and Eel_Ssab like this.
  9. Cry Baby was excellent. Incapable was really nice. Narcissus has sort of grown on me a bit - so there’s that. But Simulation and Jealousy aren’t her best! I’d rather her work with anyone else.

V3RYP05H and ohaimanabu like this.
  10. Absolutely! I love Simulation so a slightly new (or at least an edit to go with the singles she's been releasing lately) would be very welcome by myself.
    I'd like an edit of Jealousy too just for the same reason, to go with the the singles she's been releasing that all have an edit. I very rarely listen to long tracks anymore so an edit for those two beauts would be great.

ohaimanabu and moorje like this.
  11. I like the song, I didn't know it was already out/known is some other form.

Just like with Incapable, I only use edit, and I like them short! I hope she continues trend of releasing edits of the songs.

I do have problem with artwork, it's terrible. She served 3 amazing covers for Incapable and then this...

ohaimanabu likes this.
  12. Since she´s going full on DISCO with these songs, I could see an album that´s done in classic disco-style as a long "suite" where all the songs flow into each other. See Gloria Gaynor´s 1974 album Never Can Say Goodbye, which was the first album to do this.

13. I don't have the mp3 anymore, sorry ;(

Subspace88, Gioroll and Eel_Ssab like this.
  14. Her set at Homobloc Festival in Manchester last night was fantastic, she absolutely killed it. She opened with Simulation, which led to Incapable, Narcissus, a disco mix of Royal T, an extended mix of Jealousy, Like, Sing It Back, Let Me Know (the only Overpowered song) and many more. It was a seamless mix which made me dance nonstop for an hour. She looked fabulous, too. What a Queen.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019 at 11:47 AM
  15. Been there too and loved every second. I was front row and super excited. The Royal T part did things to me. Also love that she chose this festival for the premiere.

16. Narcissus is great. I’m glad she seems more focused lately.

Mr Blonde, Subspace88, lob0to and 2 others like this.
  17. I would have typed this too, if I hadn't been sleeping for 12+ hours after partying all night at DILF Friday night and then all afternoon, evening, & morning at Homobloc + Homoelectric/Kiss Me Again.
    I may have cackled when her coming on stage led to a huge exodus of cis/hets and a huge influx of Queers.

Andrew.L likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.