Róisín Murphy | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Róisín Murphy

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by andidee5, Apr 17, 2016.

1. I love how easy this has all been, just dropping the track, track list with a short lead up.
    Excited to listen!

Queen of spoiling us after a long absence!

PEARL likes this.
  2. This song is EVERYTHING I wanted it to be. Holy shit. Mutant sibling indeed.

spiceinvaders likes this.
  3. Anyone else got the feeling that Hairless Toys was the female record, and that is the male one? The vocals on Mastermind vs. the other songs, the aesthetics, etc. Love it!

Dimitri K. and spiceinvaders like this.
  4. Well sounds nice. Guess I didn't care much for Gone Fishing when it dropped.

5. The best part of the song.

Deer Stop and michaelhird like this.
  6. That artwork is vile

I like Mastermind though!

7. This is actually incredible. Much more instant then Gone Fishing was...I think this album is honestly going to blow us away. I love the stark contrast of the last album cover to this one.

She's gotten really great at cramming tons of cool ideas into each song without it feeling too cramped, almost creating a story for each. The song ebs and flows, picks up when you need it too, and hangs in the right places.

PEARL and JacobTheMiro like this.
  8. I love the line and how she sings

"It's too easy,
    say, say.
    It's just like taking candy from a baaaaby"

Dimitri K. and JacobTheMiro like this.
  9. Ordered a signed CD, looking forward to hearing Mastermind when I get home.

AngelSlayer likes this.
  10. Mutant siblings aren't really soft on the eye are they.

Psycho likes this.
  11. "Mastermind" sounds a bit Overpowered x Hairless Toys.

AngelSlayer likes this.
  12. Two lies.

Eel_Ssab likes this.
  13. I'm a visual person, i like the colours and harshness of it all.

14. "Mastermind" is very good, and definitely better than "Gone Fishing" on first impression.

The artwork is... tolerable.

15. Yeah that artwork's a no.

push the button likes this.
  16. I like the artwork in a so-bad-it's-good kind of way...

Everything she does is just so effortlessly brilliant...this is already more immediate for me than anything from Hairless Toys, and I loved that...

17. My reaction to the artwork is much the same as that of the woman in the pink coat.

Song is solid.

Daniel! and Vasilios like this.
  18. Hairless Toys artwork was so fabulous, so I'm a little disappointed by the album cover, but song is so great! From start to finish it's like a journey.

19. Tragic-est artwork ever, no kidding. Just why.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    ModeRed likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.