Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Albums of All Time | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Albums of All Time

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by An Insider, Sep 23, 2020.

1. It is considered a flawless and influential album by many, especially those who have lived in the shadow of someone else’s dream.

Andy French likes this.
  2. @RJF shall we run a Popjustice Forrem's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time poll

[​IMG]

Wishlight, KingBruno, Txetxu and 30 others like this.
  3. Pleased Tori got a mention for once on these lists, Kate Bush getting a mention is great too. Joni's Blue is the best female singer/songwriter album of all time so I'm pleased it's at #3 beating fucking Dylan!!!

Wishlight, Andy French, tea and 3 others like this.
  4. I don't see Broke With Expensive Taste.
    [​IMG]
    Keep it!

Wishlight, KingBruno, K94 and 15 others like this.
  5. I wonder who Bey voted for.

[​IMG]

Wishlight, KingBruno and Heartthrob like this.
  6. The Velvet Rope not being top 25 minimum is the real robbery here.

7. Are you referring to me? If Xtina didn't make this ranking it's not my fault. This was voted by critics, industry people, and our very own faves. So maybe just ask yourself what makes her music so forgettable, culturally irrelevant and I guess just not very good to them?

Jamie likes this.
  8. Island

Island Staff Member

The Velvet Rope not being Janet's highest rated album is the real robbery as well.

Wishlight, tea, Euphoria and 7 others like this.
  9. Taylor getting a hold of Beyoncé's list and seeing none of hers included.
    [​IMG]

An Insider likes this.
  10. This is literally exactly what I thought. Burn this shitty Harry Styles ass eating list.

heavymetalGAGA likes this.
  11. Actually you know what two recent albums were criminally overlooked?

Like, I get recency bias but Take Me Apart felt like such a lightning in a bottle moment of bridging influences with contemporary soundscapes and resulting in truly unique body of work. While Magdalene is the obvious inclusion by my assessment I also think LP1 deserved some sort of recognition for how it truly felt like the predestined arrival of a creative genius. The more I think about it the more the diversity of the list feels so surface level.

12. I went through it when I saw Miranda's The Weight Of These Wings included, albeit at a low placing - to then fall through the floor when Come On Over was just a few places ahead.

Euphoria likes this.
  13. Sis what the fuck is wrong with you? Relax.

14. Imagine not stanning Stripped, aka the blueprint for every good girl gone bad type of album, and thinking it's culturally irrelavant. What a loss!

Wishlight, Txetxu, K94 and 5 others like this.
  15. Stripped culturally irrelevant? lmao.

Not when it reset culture, sweaty.

Wishlight, KingBruno, Txetxu and 10 others like this.
  16. But when did anyone besides you say this? You clearly have an ax to grind here, at least be honest about it.

Wishlight, Bslg17, An Insider and 8 others like this.
  17. Where is artangels tho

Wishlight, Mushroom and lushLuck like this.
  18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

fff just look at the username and avatar combo

Andy French and matthew. like this.
  19. Why are you even giving them attention? They have no Britney thread to post in. They’re just orphaned trying to find a home and this is the closest they could get. Let them have their moment if it makes them feel better.

20. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Imagine holding onto a rivalry that hasn't been relevant since like 2004.

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.