Romy (The xx) - "Always Forever" (May 28) + General Discussion

She's playing Paris when I'm there... but I already have tickets to Drag Race France that day grrr. If only she played LATE as the album demands eh!?

I was listening to this earlier and it occurred to me it could be a fourth The xx album. Lyrically a lot of it is very The xx, aside from the songs being about a woman rather than being non-specific, and sonically, some songs, like Loveher, Weightless and The Sea, could have been released by The xx, and others are something the band might have done if they had decided to use their dancier material as well as some of Jamie xx's stuff as a template and gone further in that direction.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001q5kx

She was on BBCR1 -
Interview from ~1:05:25;
Enjoy Your Life from: ~1:08:52;
She's On My Mind from: ~1:14:40;
Strong + Angels mash up (!!) from: ~1:20:57

That mash-up sounds amazing. I can't imagine how hard it must be for her to refrain from just singing Angels from start to end.
Thanks for sharing, I especially loved the intro to Enjoy Your Life here. It’s such a fantastic track, it’s certainly one of my Top 3 singles of the year so far!

Reactions: eck
Yes. Enjoy Your Life is the only song I’m not head over heels in love with.
I love it now but the first time I heard the Beverly Glenn-Copeland sample I thought the album had finished and Alexa had switched to Michael Ball's Musicals Sunday on BBC Radio 2. I had to adjust!

She's playing Paris when I'm there... but I already have tickets to Drag Race France that day grrr. If only she played LATE as the album demands eh!?
I‘m in Paris when she is doing Berlin, considering Amsterdam but will also see her at Homobloc so maybe that’s enough. Had tickets for that DJ thing here at Banquet last night but was to dead from traveling to London super early morning.