Rosalía - 'El Mal Querer' (Second Album) | The Popjustice Forum

Rosalía - 'El Mal Querer' (Second Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Noir, May 25, 2018.

1. Rosalía is a Spanish singer who is best known for singing flamenco music. The whole bulk of her debut album was inspired by traditional Spanish music and was for the most part acoustic. Now she's got a brand new project coming up which she worked on with El Guincho:

And to mark the beginning of her shift in style she's collaborated with J Balvin on this gorgeous track:

Wig. I am NOT ready for this album.

2. FINISH LINE, Island, Squashua and 4 others like this.
  3. I like the song but it’s a bit too linear. The video though...I LOVE IT.

4. WHAT A STAR OH MY GOD.

Electivirer likes this.
  5. My fucking god.

The song, the video, her, the album teaser, everything thus far - incredible, I’m obsessed, I’m shaken to my core.

constantino and Noir like this.
  6. It's fucking fantastic. She is just on another level, the way she's bending genres is astonishing. And that music video, holy shit. Her art direction has always been fantastic, but this is in the same league as the best of the best internationally.

7. It's better, actually.

LivingLoife, DarkSacoura and sesita like this.
  8. @Noir. BANGER ALERT!!! Also, El Guincho produced for Bad Gyal!

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Noir likes this.
  9. Liking Malamente on first listen. I’m going to check out the rest of her stuff (and watch the music vid). Thanks for this thread!

Noir likes this.
  10. It really is, the video is one of the best I’ve seen all year. CANADA really do that on a regular basis.

Noir likes this.
  11. If you like her recent stuff you should check Antes de Morirme too, which was pretty popular in Spain:

Robert and Noir like this.
  12. Thanks! I didn’t like the guy’s vocal as much but she sounded great. I watched the Malamente video, which was grea and then watched the video for De Plata, which was very good.

13. ‘De Plata’ and ‘Brillo’ are incredible too. Been listening to her album all morning today.

Noir and Robert like this.
  14. The video hit a million views already. Yas.

Also worth mentioning she worked with Pharrell on something not long ago (this was around the same time Pharrell worked with Maluma ddd):

15. She performed new music at the Sonar Festival today. Diplo was backstage watching her set.

[​IMG]

FINISH LINE, Island, sesita and 2 others like this.
  16. She just screams super star.

constantino, Noir and Electivirer like this.
  17. Send her electro flamenco sound to UK & US and watch her be massive.

LivingLoife likes this.
  18. Malamente is that bop. Her song with J balvin too.

I'm obsessed with her.

LivingLoife, Island, Squashua and 3 others like this.
  19. I have become obsessed with her debut recently so I am VERY excited about this next one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.