Rosalía - Motomami | Page 27 | The Popjustice Forum

Rosalía - Motomami

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by BrokenHearts, Nov 2, 2021.

1. I like this one! Can't wait for the album mess.

2. DIABLO... I'll try not to listen to the other songs but...

[​IMG]

3. Listening to the snippet CUUUUuuuuuuute and it going from an anthem to... a piano ballad. This lady is insane.

[​IMG]

LGStan93 and aux like this.
  4. aux

aux

What the fuck is "BIZCOCHITO" and why am I bopping?

[​IMG]

5. I feel like CANDY is definitely up the alley of all the SAOKO & Chicken Teriyaki haters. There are also a few ballads scattered throughout, so if you liked HENTAI, then definitely give them a spin.

But I love the stupid songs like Bizcochito, Motomami & CUUUUuuuuuute which are my standouts. God damn her for making them all 3 seconds long.

Me when the beat drops at 1:45 of CUUUUuuuuuute.

[​IMG]

sesita, superultra, Island and 6 others like this.
  6. Just had a quick first listen and (her Tower of Babel accents aside as always, of course) this is way better than she gaslighted us into thinking it was going to be by releasing blink-and-you-miss-it torrent files and turd snippets, as I predicted.

7. She's sampling brazilian samba on CUUUUuuuuuute. That was... unexpected, but I kind of like it?

eatyourself likes this.
  8. Lyrics aside (can't make out much of what she is saying and I'm Spanish), this is beautiful.

SAME.

sesita likes this.
  9. Maybe this will grow on me, but after my initial listen, I must say that I'm disappointed. Nothing hits quite like the abandoned 2019–2021 singles. The only track that I see myself keeping is "LA COMBI VERSACE."

10. Bizcochito is a hit!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
  11. The album is excellent.

12. “I don’t care how small your contribution was to the song, I’m going to put it in the credits. That’s how confident I am as a musician,” she said. “But I know it’s detrimental to putting light on me as a producer. Because the moment people see men and a woman on a list, they assume — you know how it is.”

“I’ve seen what happens to Björk. I’ve seen other women that have been through that,” Rosalía added. “But the time I spend — 16 hours a day for months — that’s crazy.” She tutted at the audacity of doubting “feminine creative forces.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/17/arts/music/rosalia-motomami.html?smid=tw-share

13. What happens to Björk?

14. Sis has always done a bunch of arranging/composing/producing stuff herself but music press (and a lot of her stans) are still obsessed with what male producers she's working with and the misogynist subtext is that they do all the hard work.

sesita, nooniebao, Mr.Arroz and 11 others like this.

15. I know just thought it was a funny quote dd.

Mr.Arroz, Tracy Jacks, finito and 2 others like this.
  16. She should have performed Hentai on SNL instead of Chicken Teriyaki. It would have generated interest in the album.

Wishlight, Pink_Punk and Cordyceps like this.
  17. CANDY
    [​IMG]

sesita, superultra and Mr.Arroz like this.
  18. Bizcochito is really catchy!

19. Confirmed that Rauw put the word Naki on Chicken Teriyaki, that's why he is on the credits.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.