Rosalía - Motomami | Page 49 | The Popjustice Forum

Rosalía - Motomami

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by BrokenHearts, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Dua who.

2. Music video comes this week!

3. No hyperbole, the song is literally everywhere in Spain right now. Bars, restaurants, public transport, parks, parties, my own apartment because of my flatmates ffff. The whole era has been like this but this song especially.

scottdisick94, Txetxu, Jóga and 3 others like this.
  4. "Despechá" is the type of frothy fun bop we all need on occasion. Also, the deluxe better include the solo version of "La Fama", I can't with The Weeknd's limp contribution.

Txetxu likes this.
  5. Absolutely perfect video, it's just great to see a visual so unashamedly full of joy from a big pop girl sometimes. She really said "yep, we both know this is your beach bop for the summer".

slaybellz, Txetxu, JuanJose and 4 others like this.
  6. My qualms will probably always be there, but... I have warmed up to her a lot lately.

I've always liked and even admired her as an artist despite what it might look like sometimes ddd, but yeah... I don't know, I guess being so inescapable in Spain has also in turn made her more accessible into certain parts of her personality and modus operandi. It's become clear to me that, as suspicious as some of her choices have been in the past (it is worth mentioning that she toned down the cosplay considerably ever since she was hit with the first wave of criticism, and I have said this before), she seems to operate on genuine artistic hunger and curiosity. Whatever questionable dressings she's chosen to season her art with over the years (and there's been a lot of that!) seem to be a product of her drive and context, instead of a flat out mean spit on the face of the cultures she takes from. I don't think I can be expected to excuse her, but I also think there's levels to the topic and a certain growth can be observed — that is, if I choose to ignore her annoying Russian Roulette of accents, because that's a losing battle if I ever saw one, and regardless, 90% of traperitos madrileños already sound like they came to Spain at 7 years of age after being somehow brought up in at least 5 different struggling Latin American countries, all the while they were actually born and raised in el barrio de Salamanca.

I don't know, it seems to me that she is slowly moving into a vibe and demeanor that I personally prefer, which makes it easier to enjoy her work. And the thing is, her work is amazingly good, always has been; it's... everything else I have a problem with. But she seems to have eased into a healthier way to approach her ̶a̶p̶p̶r̶o̶p̶i̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ appreciation, and in turn... I am easing into her! I hope this phase lasts long.

And just to add to the conversation, I went to see her live and she definitely is a phenomenon the likes of which Spain has not seen in a solo female artist since... I don't know, peak Mónica Naranjo? It is quite something managing to have the entire 7-to-35-year-old population of a country at the very least know what a motomami is. So can you really blame me for trying to gaslight myself into a mindset that allows me to enjoy an inescapable cultural product without waking up in the middle of the night with cold sweats from nightmares where Rosalía follows me around downtown Seville wanting to stick her conquistadora flag on my butt?

She really is my horcrux, dear god. The paragraphs I've dedicated to this muchacha. And this is the edited version of the post!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  7. This is one of the biggest hops of the year. I hope the video further propels it to smash.

slaybellz likes this.
  8. Not the seashell bukkake!

9. It’s giving 2010 Katy unfiltered and without the budget - genius really.

Txetxu, bestinase and JuanJose like this.
  10. She's genius! Guess the song will chart in the US next week as it's been top 50 all week on Spotify. Too bad the Uk is totally sleeping on this!

11. It's #40 (+7) on US Spotify.

12. Oh my Despechá added to R1's playlist!

Txetxu and Vogue like this.
  13. Joe Le Taxi all over again!!

Txetxu and soratami like this.
  14. I am so in my Rosalia era she’s so good. I don’t really know her old stuff, but her new album is great. She really is everywhere in Madrid right now. She has the country in a chokehold. I want a Bizcochito video though! It’s everywhere in TikTok and the dance is so cute.

Txetxu likes this.
  15. Saoko and Bizcochito played at a gay club in Puglia, Italy last night. Her impact.

16. Ok now this is a bit insane! WOW.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.