Roseanne/"The Conners" Spin-Off | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Roseanne/"The Conners" Spin-Off

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by VicePresidentJocasta, Apr 28, 2017.

1. "I don't know whether Roseanne (Barr) will speak about Trump by name. But she's going to speak very honestly," Dungey told the Banff World Media Festival on Monday during a keynote address.

"Now we will have three generations — Roseanne, her kids and her kids have kids who are teenagers. So we'll bring back a point-of-view that has really been missing on the air," Dungey said.

2. The irony here is that a lot of his supporters don't like her

UnionJackMix likes this.
  3. From TVLine:

Newcomer Ames McNamara has been tapped for the series-regular role of Mark, Darlene and David’s 8-year-old son. The casting breakdown for the character describes Mark thusly: “Sensitive and bright, Mark occasionally likes to wear girls’ clothing.” The kid’s name is, of course, an homage to late actor Glenn Quinn, who played David’s older brother (also named Mark) on the original series. Quinn died in 2002.

Leopold and UnionJackMix like this.
  4. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

5. Ohgod this is one of my alltime fave shows but all this political talk is making me dread it. I'm not here for Roseanne being the inversed social-media-Cher.

Andrew.L and Leopold like this.
  6. So she'll admit to being his biggest fan then. Her Twitter account is disgraceful. If she thinks that making it private is suddenly going to make her shit disappear, she has another think coming. People can still see the racist tripe she's posting. The Deplorables will be keen on copying and pasting her tweets if she dares try to pretend she's not a Trumpanzee when it's time to do press.

7. Everything we've heard about the revival makes me think it'll be very left leaning, but then you look at her social media and it's the opposite... it could go either way at this point

8. If this show hadn't actually impacted my own political views and made me love seeing a lower middle class family like my own growing up in America being portrayed on television I wouldn't be so bothered. You can't take away what the show accomplished but dear god my hopes have been diminished. I never realized how absolutely unhinged Roseanne Barr has become especially in the past few years especially with her new appreciation for the "alt-right".

It's just that Trump is like the antithesis of what this show was all about, at least what I pulled from it when watching, but yet you have her openly supporting him....it's disgusting.

blod likes this.
  9. It could be interesting to get a glimpse into an articulate / smart Trump voters mind in the comedy world (with liberal characters to balance him or her out)... but Rosanne doesn't seem to be that. The writers could be great, but they could also be ham-fisted and awful. This show could really go either way, but based on the others joining I have to imagine that the stories aren't totally insane.

10. With Sara Gilbert and Whitney Cummings serving as executive producers, I have more hope they'll be able to reign in Roseanne's crazy. I also have a friend working on the writing staff of the reboot, and she couldn't be more of a left-leaning feminist.

inevitable likes this.
  11. Her pro-Trump tweets from the past few weeks have been scrubbed from her Twitter, interesting.

Apparently they’ve already shot the first three episodes.

12. I never watched the show originally, though've I've caught many episodes in passing over the years, and I just find it so hard to imagine Rosanne being a Trump supporter. As many have said, it seems like the compete opposite of what I would have expected from her. I'm very intrigued to see how this reboot turns out.

13. Roseanne is a little bit crazy, we've known that for years. I won't let her tweets ruin my excitement for one of my favorite childhood shows because I loved every single character and can't to see what they have in store for us.

Andrew.L likes this.

14. Sneak peek.

I'll go on record again saying if this turns into Roseanne spouting Trump bullshit I'll tune out.

15. The tweet's gone. Was this the photo of Roseanne and Darlene sitting on the bed, or was it an actual clip?

16. Yeah was a photo of them on the bed.

DominoDancing likes this.
  17. Good start date - even if it's a complete car-crash, it'll be too late to harm (potential) Oscar Winner Laurie Metcalf and her campaign.

inevitable and Petty Mayonnaise like this.
  18. I'm just hoping it'll be good, I'm trying to keep my reservations regarding the whole thing in check.

kermit_the_frog likes this.
  19. They've revealed who Sarah Chalke is playing.
    EW can exclusively reveal that Chalke will play a middle-class married woman named Andrea who hires Becky (Goranson) to serve as her surrogate. The plot twist not only leads to some drama within the Conner family but it gives the producers a chance to wink at how important both women were to series, which aired from 1988 to 1997.

Also, tons of new teasers aired during the NFL games on Christmas.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.