Roseanne/"The Conners" Spin-Off | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Roseanne/"The Conners" Spin-Off

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by VicePresidentJocasta, Apr 28, 2017.

1. She's also announced that she just can't support gay marriage, she won't support trans people having access to bathrooms (it's misogyny), BLM and NFL players are unpatriotic and should be ashamed of themselves, ANTIFA is the biggest threat to America, Russia is a complete hoax, and the rest is so batshit crazy, I won't even get into it. This woman is disgusting. She needs to go away. ABC is probably hanging themselves now. Sara Gilbert is nuts for bringing this back.

[​IMG]

DoggySwami and Edu like this.
  2. How do I cancel my own thread?

3. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

She's so awful that I kind of want to stan.

4. So let's go ahead and predict what is going to happen, shall we? She'll do some promo for the show, go on some outlandish rant, then she'll be shut down publicly for it to her face on The View or somewhere else, and then this small revival season will be its last because of the backlash. Maybe Fox News might plan a foray into sitcoms soon or Breitbart?

She's also fucking trash for going after Lorde for cancelling her concert in Tel Aviv, Roseanne is literally nothing but a greatest hits of trolling ass right wing talking points. Her disgusting comments regarding the BDS movement on twitter are something else.

5. She’s already deleted her latest rant. Silenced for ranting about refusing to be silenced. ICONIC.

Rob likes this.
  6. As much as I adore Roseanne (the show) and want to be excited about a revival, she's just so vile. Hopefully she totally fucks up so her career can rest in piss.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2017
    Remorque, inevitable and Andy French like this.
  7. The closer this gets and the more Roseanne herself opens her mouth, the more nervous I get. I said it earlier in this thread but the original show (ninth season excluded obviously) means so much to me and I'd hate to see this go badly.

I just keep trying to tell myself that the cast wouldn't come back if the writing was...whatever Roseanne's worldview is now. I find her equal parts heartbreaking and infuriating.

inevitable likes this.
  8. My mom has always said she's trash, and wow, was she right. Get fucked, Rosie.

9. This is the part that perplexes me (I agree by the way).

Laurie Metcalf and John Goodman are both highly regarded fixtures in the liberal theatre and film worlds.

Will they choose to not do press? They can't possibly acknowledge her opinions without becoming collateral damage.

They can't reason that she's mentally ill (which seems to be the case) without raising the question that the whole revival is damaging to her recovery.

10. It's just awful. They have already started promos so is it too late to cancel it?

My friend and I have tickets to see her in April but we are thinking of canceling.

I've always defended Roseanne - until now. This is just sad to watch.

11. I'm also going to need this to not fuck with Laurie's Oscar chances or 2018 is canceled already.

12. This really made me sad.

shadedeflector and inevitable like this.
  13. So she's really going full fledged Trump loon, huh? She deleted ALL of her tweets but left the one where she reported the person for targeted harassment for simply saying they weren't going to watch the show. Roseanne herself has ruined all hopes for this revival, fuck this.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  14. I stan John Goodman and will literally watch anything he's in. But this is... a choice.

inevitable likes this.
  15. See her in April for what? A GOP donor party?

16. She reported THAT tweet??!

17. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Yeah fuck her and this revival.

Petty Mayonnaise and inevitable like this.
  18. Yeah, I was thinking this could be her Norbit, but the late March air date (the Oscars are on March 4) should mean that she emerges unscathed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.