Royal Blood - Trouble's Coming + 3rd Album | The Popjustice Forum

Royal Blood - Trouble's Coming + 3rd Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Daniel!, Apr 14, 2017.

1. [​IMG]

I don't know how many fans they have here, but they just released their new single "Lights Out":

And the album comes out on the 16th of June.
    1. How Did We Get So Dark?
    2. Lights Out
    3. I Only Lie When I Love You
    4. She's Creeping
    5. Look Like You Know
    6. Where Are You Now?
    7. Don't Tell
    8. Hook, Line & Sinker
    9. Hole In Your Heart
    10. Sleep

There's also a ~super deluxe vinyl set~ with two bonus tracks on a 7":
    1. Cheap Affection
    2. Half The Chance

Bit perched.

2. RJF

RJF

Their first album was good, so I'll join you in perching on the power lines.

Kyle. and Daniel! like this.
  3. I loved the debut, but this new single isn't doing it for me.

4. RJF

RJF

Just got a chance to hear the single now.

BOP.

5. There's a bit about the new album in their NME cover story:

Like their debut, it’s a huge-sounding record. First single ‘Lights Out’ is a reliable indication of the rest of it: sharper riffs, bigger beats and deeper grooves. While it’s most definitely a rock album, this time Royal Blood were determined to bring in all of their influences. Take, as an example, ‘Lights Out’: “We were going for a Daft Punk thing quite a lot and trying to f**k with the rock thing, 
I guess,” says Mike. “What would Daft Punk do if they wrote a rock tune?” Then there’s the album’s closing track ‘Sleep’, which they describe as a “Black Sabbath hip-hop tune”.

They also went to see Banks live and said they dance to "Work" by Kelly Rowland on their tour bus. Kings.

Kyle. likes this.
  6. RJF

RJF

The album is a great, lean blast of stupid loud fun. They combine hooks with these big, robust guitar riffs so well. It's brash and bombastic but also weirdly palatable too. I saw someone on my Facebook moaning about how they're not really rock music and I was like... who gives a shit? Whatever they are is clearly working, they're immensely talented, and the music is a fun.

I would love to see them, but the Glasgow date appears to be pretty much sold out. I got curious and it looks like the whole tour is selling really well. I didn't even think they were arena level yet, so good on them.

Daniel! and mylesofsmiles93 like this.
  7. This week has been great fro new music. They are definitely rock, they are the closest thing ti Led Zeppelin since Wolfmother. After a few listens it hasn't got the epicness of the thier debut but still a really strong follow up and nothing i woupd skip. So gutted the U.S get a tour with Queens and Royal Blood toghther, what a gig.

8. Second #1 album. Släy.

The title track is my current favourite.

9. I don't know all the individual songs properly yet, but as an album as a whole it's very solid, and there's nothing I want to skip. Lights Out is probably my favourite at the moment, maybe because I know it the best.

10. Much better than the debut. The debut had a few filler tracks. This album is great from start to finish. Every song is great! Royal Blood have so much swag to their sound.

11. New single coming tomorrow

12. Bit of a bop girlies. The disco strings and little "Mamma Mia"-esque riff thing are so fun.

Verandi, aux and Crisp X like this.
  13. This is better than I expected! I wrote them off after the underwhelming second album, but this new direction suits them well. It'd feel obvious to once again compare them to Death From Above 1979 or Queens Of The Stone Age but I do hear both bands in this bop a bit.

14. It took me a little while to warm up to Trouble’s Coming but now that I have I realise it’s exactly the type of song I wanted them to come back with. I can hear similarities with Nothing But Thieves. I’ve loved their past 2 albums so I’m pretty excited to have them releasing again.

15. I'm weeks late but this bangs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.