RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars 7 | Page 727 | The Popjustice Forum

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars 7

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Tiger Suit, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Did anyone except Trinity know who Tove Lo was? Tove has so many bops that I expected more fan girling.

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  2. Oh I KNOW, where did I say it was bad?!? I recorded every episode of POP STARS on VHS. I just did not expect to hear that group name on Drag Race. Like, ever.

boombazookajoe and Mr.Arroz like this.
  3. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Ddd I was in defense mode, my bad!

4. oooookay so… personally I think the Viv was well within her rights to at least raise that her group was just chosen for her. Why not? It did feel very ‘quick we’re the best ones’. That said, while her Dolly was insanely good (the best with Raja), I’m not really sure that her challenge performance was a top two one. She definitely deserved the lipsync win if she was going to be in the top, it was crazy good. But…

It felt like Ru and Michelle just preferred the second song, as in before the girls even added their parts, they were BOPPING. And while the commitment of the second group to the characters were great and made it interesting… they still weren’t better than Monet or Shea?

Monet in particular was absolutely wonderful, looked stunning, and sold it. I could not take my eyes off her. I do think Yvie did well and was super super committed to that character but… I dunno.

Cowboystyle and TheOnlyOne like this.
  5. For me the first group was very samey in a bad way. They didn't have distinctive personalities and it felt a bit repetitive even if it had good performers. However they also had Raja who got a veeery forgiving edit. The camera kept cutting away from her to the fake crowd or the judges.

6. Not them using the last blockee being a winner in the next task constantly to stop giving out more stars.
    [​IMG]

7. Viv blocking Jinx was so boring. She was on your team, she l ready has two stars, block someone else from getting a second star!

myblood, Island, inevitable and 3 others like this.
  8. We didn’t need another improv challenge, but I felt a TRL theme was wasted on a girl group challenge. Would much have preferred them as a bunch of noughties pop stars awkwardly being interviewed while standing against a faux backdrop of Times Square.

9. I still don’t know what TRL is. They should have just made it an early 2000’s girl group challenge.

MilesAngel and steste like this.
  10. yeah, that too, they carved out genuinely funny and interesting stories MSTR(Y) and the almost too perfect other girls having left their groups and then… some of them didn’t speak to ‘Carson’?
    It should have been a song and full interview.

MilesAngel likes this.
  11. I feel old (I am). It was a staple live MTV show that was flagship for the network at the time. Peaked late nineties to early/mid noughties and then died out. They had a recent revival before the pandemic but it didn’t work out.

It was the early starts of fandom, stanning and interactive television. It was the dawn before social media took over. They had many iconic moments - Mariah turning up with an ice cream trolly sprints to mind. The reason Carson Daly has a job for life on The Voice, etc.

DoggySwami likes this.
  12. Titanic! I gave all my love to you,
    Like an iceberg you tore my heart in two
    Titanic! Should've seen you from the start,
    Now you're love's sinking and I'm torn apart

[​IMG]

Serg. likes this.
  13. This weeks episode was just a bit off for me, the top 2 was a bit perplexing teebs. Christ The Vivienne is just absolutely boring especially with blocking Jinx and Monet is just coasting along at this point.

ItBeats and Stopremix like this.

14. Shea always does Disco Tits! (Also I'll repeat she was MEGA robbed)

Juango and huntypoo like this.
  15. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

The second song was sooooo much better. It really gave that 2001 production feel and lyrical energy.

16. Trinity misunderstanding the assignment and writing a verse for Allstars 5 “I’m In Love”.

[​IMG]

myblood, Bobbyrae, Laurence and 26 others like this.
  17. I didn’t think either group did particularly well in the challenge, but Monet was robbed. And The Vivienne was uncanny as Dolly in that lip sync.

navytaxi and Andrew like this.
  18. The Eden's Crush mention was so ?!? but also YAS. I think I heard @Mr.Arroz screaming from over here.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
  19. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Me screaming on my Instagram story ddd

myblood, Island, RUNAWAY and 6 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.