RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 8 + General Discussion

55fc22b5472354f467e8873ba069d000bbc89353.gif

She shredded the competition, couldn’t stop looking at her mug in Untucked.

I love Sasha because not ONCE did she serve an 'in my day things were better', 'kids these days' or 'you should have seen me when' - she just gets on with it and slays.
I agree. I'm a bit startled the producers haven't shoe-horned/fed her lines for a 'disgruntled veteran' storyline that would be expected for someone like her. Instead, she just lets her talent do the talking and it's enough to leave everyone quaking.

I am a certified member of the Men In Black, but on balance, I think Mistress probably should've been in the bottom three over Sasha last week. Sasha's routine was patchy, but it definitely had more successful funny moments than Mistress's, who sort of just stumbled her way to a half-baked punchline.

That being said, from a production point of view, I can see why they did it. Mistress had already had her 'vulnerable' moment last week, and Sasha had been racing ahead, so it was time to 'make her human'. Coupled with the fact that Sasha's lower placement was basically being pinned on Anetra's absence, and the fact that it wasn't even discussed in Untucked, they basically gave Sasha a 'low' to balance things out with barely any stigma or threat attached to it.

I find it such a kii that, supposedly, Mistress threw such a tantrum about not being able to lipsync to 'Single Ladies' in her dress and that 'they may as well just sent her home now' that she forced production's hand into making it a Malaysia/Salina lipsync instead. It was clearly meant to be Mistress/Malaysia, to round off their arc. I feel bad for Salina, but that's pretty iconic.

I find it such a kii that, supposedly, Mistress threw such a tantrum about not being able to lipsync to 'Single Ladies' in her dress and that 'they may as well just sent her home now' that she forced production's hand into making it a Malaysia/Salina lipsync instead. It was clearly meant to be Mistress/Malaysia, to round off their arc. I feel bad for Salina, but that's pretty iconic.

Gives me Baga tbh in UK when she was like guess I'm going home.

he/him
Mistress got such a weird edit for her set. They made it seem like she was bombing but the judges didn’t really come at her? I think objectively she was bottom 3 but it felt like judges didn’t mind her set while the editors were trying to throw a storyline together. I had no idea how I was supposed to react to that.

Everyone was kinda terrible though nn.