RuPaul's Drag Race: AS2, S9, AS3, S10 | Page 1715 | The Popjustice Forum

RuPaul's Drag Race: AS2, S9, AS3, S10

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Vasilios, Jul 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Moderator

I don’t think she would because if she was cast she’d be coming into it with an edge and more confidence; and the producers would know to shield her for at least a few episodes if she really wasn’t performing well so they can get more mileage out of her personality - but I reckon she can emulate Shangela’s season 3 run and make it to around the halfway point or beyond. Fingers crossed!

AshleyKerwin, aaronhansome and 2014 like this.
  2. The lip sync assassin in waiting, teebs.

Remorque, Serg., RUNAWAY and 3 others like this.
  3. Can we discuss why Michelle changed her laugh in Season 9 from a cackle to a light chuckle.

4. Y'know I wouldn't be at all mad if All Stars 4 just featured the entire cast of season 10 again, minus the winner and Eureka.

5. Half of me wants AS4 to be absolutely fucking stacked, as AS2 was so good that if they're putting them out every 18 months or so now, I'd accept every odd season as being mediocre.

The other half of me wants them to spread out my faves evenly, as I can genuinely think of at least five queens off the top of my head that I'd want crowned, and I'd hate to see most of them battling it out on the same season.

spike3271 and Joe. like this.
  6. Aquaria will win if it’s a lip sync battle for the finale.

7. I'm here for an Aquaria win now.

8. That’s not even necessary given her wig line recently. Just stick it to the wall behind her.

9. Judging by how high and active the spoiler thread is. I’m expecting a shock front runner/fan favourite exit this week.

10. I'm a little surprised so many people are on board for an eventual Aquaria's win. Last year, when the harmless but visually gifted well-off white queen from New York won, crops were burned, villages were pillaged and bouts of the plague exploded through America. People were demanding Sasha Velour's father release his tax returns. "WE WILL BOYCOTT THE SHOW," they said, "BECAUSE ITS ONLY LAW IS PRIVILEGE!"

I mean, Aquaria's dedication to the art form is remarkable, her inability to land jokes\shade\sarcasm successfully is kind of cute and she owns great gowns beautiful gowns but it's the Asia O'Haras with Ikea lamp headpieces and the Moniques whipping out outfits 30 minutes before the runway that warm my little drag heart. No T no shade but if I wanted to see gorgeous skinny girls in designer clothes or faithful replicas of designer clothes, I'd stick to the FF Channel on YouTube and spare myself 20 minutes of badly scripted comedy.

To quote great 19th-century Russian mystic Katya, when have drag queens ever been rich, gracious and tasteful?

That is if Eureka doesn't end up anywhere near the finale. If she does, long live the little white queen.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  11. Well Monet is not going to make it to top four I don't think, leaving Asia as being the only queen of color, and from what she has displayed on the show, she doesn't deserve the crown.

12. RJF

RJF

I mean sis, after last year's traumatic result, I think we're all pretty much just looking to minimise our crushing disappointment. I don't particularly want Aquaria to win, but as it stands she's the only one with the power to see Eureka off the premises, and since the judges would rather have their fingernails pulled out than give my Season 10 fave a compliment, I'm taking what I can get at the moment. A winner I'm indifferent to is better than a winner I flat out despise.

13. I dont really think the comparison between Sasha and Aquaria makes that much sense (atleast to me). Sasha was just cringe-worthy and very mediocre....while constantly yelling "art" and then serving the most basic interpretations/cliché looks/lines,etc.

I think comparing Violet and Aquaria would make much more sense...

14. It makes absolutely no sense.

15. Also tell me a single time Sasha mopped the runway, because Aquaria brings it to you every single time.

16. Sasha was the best and you're all still

[​IMG]

gagging

Anyway, have you read about Katya's DEB Talk?
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/...-what-we-learned-brian-mccook-deb-talks-panel

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  17. RJF

RJF

To be honest, at least Violet had the storyline of the other girls thinking she was a cunt and how she wrestled with that and how she very slowly won her season's cast over. Aquaria got called out for being a cunt (the reasons for which we didn't even really get to see) and... essentially vanished from this season until popping back up to win Snatch Game before... kind of vanishing again in the last episode.

But then, I would honestly say the closest this season has come to being outright ruined is how basically every queen has been put on the backburner for Eureka's seventeen pointless storylines, and when things with The Vixen properly kicked off no one else stood a chance. She has engulfed this season. The challenges have been great, the cast has probably been the strongest ever, but the storybuilding has been sloppy, uneven, and worst of all: not compelling in the slightest. I've found so many components of this season so, so good, but as a unit I think it's become such a draining watch.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  18. This logic is shaky because the objective argument against Sasha's crown was her record of two-joint wins against Shea's four total wins. Aquaria is currently tied with Eureka at two individual wins apiece, and her wins are probably the two most decisive and least controversial so far. Coupled with Eureka being shit, it's not surprising the girls are ringing in the Age of Aquaria.

At this point anyway. We still have some season to go.

19. Sasha is awful and I can't wait for the finale so I never have to see her again. I can picture her now in some dumbass outfit walking out on stage with her weird arm movements, convinced she has us all gagged.

20. I don’t even want to watch the finale because my friends are all Sasha stans and don’t understand the difference between her and a good drag queen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.