RuPaul's Drag Race: AS2, S9, AS3, S10 | Page 1716 | The Popjustice Forum

RuPaul's Drag Race: AS2, S9, AS3, S10

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Vasilios, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Sasha winning was the nadir of the show but they somehow stooped even lower when they handed Trixie the prize over Shangela. I can't wait for them to plumb new depths of disappointment this season with, like, a Eureka vs. Kameron finale.

Speaking of which - I'm so completely done with Kameron and her determination to be as fucking boring and lifeless as possible. I hate when her being quiet is used as an excuse. Quiet introverts are often interesting and engaging. She's just fucking boring. Working out is NOT a personality.

2. I agree that Aquaria and Violet is probably the easiest comparasion to make.

I do however prefer Aquaria I mean both deliver gag worthy looks consistently but I find Aquaria’s personality to be coming across as more endearing than Violets did in her season. Plus as seen in Snatch Game I think there is a hidden comedian and actress within Aquaria that will blossom with confidence and maturity.

Both Aquaria and Violet wipe the floor with Sasha. There is no comparison.

Digital_Fossil and berserkboi like this.
  3. Can’t we just crown a winner based on their C.U.N.T. and not race or wig colour?

Michael17 likes this.
  4. The Violet/Aquaria comparisons do indeed make the most sense BUT remember RU used to like having a fair bit of diversity in the winner line-up (not sure this is still true in VH1 times but who knows) - this could work against Aquaria!

Also, not enough love for our Large & In Charge Queen for ages so bask in the Latrice!!

Serg., DoggySwami and Phloo like this.
  5. Oh, but I wasn't comparing their artistry or overall performance on the show! I was just implying their profiles as winners would overlap somehow: New York white queens with a heavy focus on aesthetics, important links to the art\fashion world and lots of resources. I was generalizing of course, but only to make a general point, which is why there is so much space left now for objections.

As for the Violet comparison, beside the fact Violet just oozes charisma, I find she managed her fashion in a wiser way. A problem I have with Aquaria is how referential her runway choices are. You can glance at her looks and get immediately where she got them from—which fashion week, which season, which show, which Gaga moment. It's synthetic to the point that it becomes almost impersonal, although there is no denying she is a fantastic editor and buyer. Violet, on the other hand, knows how to keep her inspirations within the borders of her own vision, a more skilled fashion jockey, paying homage but silently. And she's a better seamstress too, one that couldn't count on the extensive circle of designers and artists Aquaria is in and didn't even need to spend thousands of dollars on high-end pieces to make you gag.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  6. I yelped!

Girls I really think Eureka's gonna win and after S*sha and Tr*xie, I don't know if I can take anymore. I've already started jumping ship to Drag Race Thailand (which is iconic by the way).

junglefish likes this.
  7. I forgot Dusty and Kalorie existed Dddd.

stuaw, Serg., Overdose and 14 others like this.
  8. Season 7 is still a slog to sit through. The entire season was acting / comedy / musical challenges for Ginger to lose... and yet they made her appear so unlikeable when they could've edited it all out.

I think Violet winning would've felt like a more satisfactory conclusion for people if the whole season hadn't felt like a setup for someone else.

I've never gotten that vibe from any other season

HollyDunnSomething and matthew. like this.
  9. Kirkland, junglefish and Synthline like this.
  10. I wouldn't mind of Eureka wins, it would be deserved.

I don't get all this seething hate for her, it's just drag!

stuaw, chanex and Kirkland like this.
  11. A bit late cause Katelyn was busy counting coins after DragCon, but it's here:

12. Aquaria has deservedly won two challenges off her own talents, not by riding the coattails of a more talented queen of colour so no, Aquaria is not like Sasha in any way. Violet is indeed a more accurate comparison to a past winner, although I'd say I prefer Aquaria at this point as her growth from being the cocky and snobby Instagram queen on the premiere to being knocked off her high horse by Vixen a couple episodes later, which in a result humbled her and allowed us to see her as the more relatable and endearing superfan of the show awkwardly trying to throw in Drag Race quotes whenever she can, while also proving to actually be a well rounded performer and serve some jaw dropping looks, has been great to see.

13. It's like seeing one of us but that actually has talent!

Synthline, Lapras and Kirkland like this.
  14. Honestly, I can’t wait to see where we go from here. If Kameron wins another challenge, she and Aquaria will be on equal footing with 2 wins, 1 bottom 3. I’m so so perched to see what happens tomorrow.

15. Aquaria has proven to be a multifaceted force. A queen who can piece together gorgeous editorial looks, eradicate a lipsync performance, serve quick wit and improvised comedy as well as come across as generally like-able and self criticizing when needed.

Her win would be more than justified at this point so get into it!

16. Ok but Aquaria’s mermaid look alone makes her deserving of crown. We love a queen who can give social commentaries while serving devastatingly gorgeous look. Talent!

17. This current drama between Bianca and Acid Betty is a kii.

18. Honestly, I prefer Cracker's looks/aesthetics to her humor.

Kirkland likes this.
  19. I love how Kameron’s quiet determination makes people so offended and bitter. The quiet queen is going top five.

20. Some nasty kween on my feed was dragging Aquaria because he felt deceived when he found out the mermaid look (that he liked initially) was based on a past Gaga look. And the same person hates Gaga. What a tit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.