RuPaul's Drag Race (AS9/Global All Stars)

I actually think that both Season 16 and All Stars 8 made some fairly good compromises, with Season 16 having the fantastic lipsync episode close to the end for all the queens who had been eliminated to make a final dent with the viewers (with that proving to be great for queens like Mirage and Megami) and All Stars 8 showcasing everyone's runways in every episode. I'm... not sure how much more queens can reasonably ask for. It's a competition. Some jeopardy to proceedings needs to be accepted. We're seeing what happens when that's gone as we speak.
Oh for real I mean a bit of bombast and budget on the show itself might inject life to get queens back into the show itself vs just the opportunity. That excitement of a season 1-5 queen coming back to All Stars to a VERY different show just doesn't really hit now the show hasn't meaningfully changed in a long time

Rmx

He/Him/His
The challenges are a bit shit as well. I enjoyed the Fire Fighters because they were hot, let's be real. But the judging on the makeover episodes is always dodgy, and so it was here. Snatch Game was bearable thanks to Mik, Jorgeous (surprisingly! I laughed hardest at her moaning) and -I hate to say it- Nina. But the latest episode was just... So boring, so uninspired, so not worthy of these talented All Stars. I really hope the challenges will be better for the next episodes. Production let the queens down on this one.

I was disappointed (but of course understood) when I saw that Bob was going to be away for the whole season, but Trinity's proving to be a really good stand-in for her on Sibling Watchery. She gives a rather fair, emotionless, studied analysis of all the whole thing, and is absolutely merciless when there's something she doesn't like.

Rmx

He/Him/His
Who do we think will be the guest on the Pit Stop this weekend? They announced a "very special, very fierce" guest and in the comments people think it's Ru or Michelle. I think that'd be a bit boring since they're judges who know exactly what's going to happen. When I heard the announcement my mind did go to Sasha Colby but she was a bit of a boring guest as well so maybe I'm just never happy.

Or maybe I just need MIB as a guest for the rest of the season.

If this was regular season everyone would be coming for Gottmik's, Plastique's and Angeria's ass while Roxxy would be in the background tying everybody's shoelaces just to see them fall with Jorgeous begging for her life pretty much every week and Nina would have been the first casualty. Just imagine. Oh well...

Rmx

He/Him/His
If this was regular season everyone would be coming for Gottmik's, Plastique's and Angeria's ass while Roxxy would be in the background tying everybody's shoelaces just to see them fall with Jorgeous begging for her life pretty much every week and Nina would have been the first casualty. Just imagine. Oh well...

Mik, Plastique and Angeria are sort of my faves dd. fuck my drag right.

Let's rejoice in our dislike for Nina, though <3