RuPaul's Drag Race (AS9/Global All Stars)

This week’s episode was so boring oh my god. Why did the skit seem like it never planned on ending? Plastique ate the runway assignment, which is expected at this point. Nina looked like shit, as expected. Why does she insist on doing reveals into even uglier clothes?

I legit forgot Colton Haynes was the guest judge until he said something to one of the queens after the skit challenge was over.

This season is just something to have on in the background and not must-see TV.

This season is so uninteresting. The no elimination format really killed any excitement it could provide. I didn’t see a single tweet about last night’s episode and I can’t even be bothered to watch anything related. And it’s hard for me to say this about a season.

This season is so uninteresting. The no elimination format really killed any excitement it could provide. I didn’t see a single tweet about last night’s episode and I can’t even be bothered to watch anything related. And it’s hard for me to say this about a season.

I feel like all of the Paramount+ All Stars seasons have had this effect though. Because not everyone watches it whenever it drops on Friday-- conversation about it gets scattered through the weekend.

But yeah this episode's challenge was weird. Watching them shooting it and then watching the final result made me feel like I saw the whole thing twice. And in most acting challenges, they kind of give certain queens shorter terrible parts, and there's different scenes, but in this everyone's was pretty much the exact same. So it just dragged. And obviously no one but RuPaul has ever seen all these movies they are referencing.

I did like the little easter egg moment in RuPaul slapping everyone on the crew - including Raven.

Rmx

He/Him/His
OK so I'm only 5 minutes in but I have something to say.

Roxxxy getting mad at Angeria for "all the dramatics" during the snipping was wild. Like, fucking wild. Roxxxy literally put on her clown mask last week with the random snipping, the crying, the theatre production of it all. And that's okay, but for her to literally blame Angeria for doing the exact same thing is unhinged.

Also Nina can fuck off. Bad mouthing my Queen Plastique like that. Girl look at WTF you're wearing. Clown.

And obviously no one but RuPaul has ever seen all these movies they are referencing.

I must be as much of a tired old queen as RuPaul because not only have I seen all of those movies, I recognised all of the references…

Lauren Bacall hams it up advertising coffee in the 80s:

Neely and Helen have a wig flushing catfight in the ladies room in Valley of the Dolls (probably my favourite film out of this lot):

Eve blackmails Karen in All Above Eve:

Mildred threatens her awful daughter Veda in Mildred Pierce:

Joan rugby tackles her daughter Christina to the ground in Mommie Dearest:

Liz Taylor and Kim Novak trade barbs in the Mirror Crack’d:

Harold makes his entrance at the birthday party in Boys in the Band:

Alexis and Dominique trade barbs over burnt champagne in Dynasty:

Crystal and Nomi reminisce over eating doggy chow in Showgirls:

I know all of these are incredibly old but they are camp classics for a reason - they’re all a lot of fun and in some cases, pretty influential/culturally significant (!).

Rmx

He/Him/His
I'm really struggling to get through this episode. Zero laughs during... whatever that was, and I think it was supposed to be funny? I chuckled at Ru being unhinged a few times but the script for the queens was so bad.

He/him
Roxxxy isn't bringing it this season at all. She seems so undeserving of being a frontrunner. And yeah, her being the one to come for Angeria's "dramatics" is completely deluded behaviour, after the ridiculous shit she pulled the previous week. She looked so stupid.

Angeria is the most deserving winner for me, with Plastique as runner up. The latter's runways are just on another level here, it's insane.

Roxxxy having a better taste almost 10 years ago when All Stars 2 aired? Hell, even her S5 package was better and I reckon she said back then she made most of her outfits in the werkroom with the fabrics production provided them? Not her buying furniture, a new fridge and a trip do Ibiza with the alleged money production gave them to spend on clothes, 'cause she didn't spent on her fashion. I guess you can read the doll.