RuPaul's Drag Race (AS9/Global All Stars)

8-F5-DFFCF-6140-43-C0-A122-5-CD9149-D7085.jpg

Why do you think, precious?

giphy.gif

Monet's opera performance was impressive, but not a queen of queens does it make.

But you say that like it’s the only impressive thing she’s done all season? She’s been top tier most of the season long, dynamic in both Girl Group challenges, leagues ahead in this talent show, solid in the roast, impressive in Santa’s School for Girls. She fumbled a bit around weeks 3/4 but otherwise there’s been an argument for her near the top most weeks! And that DOES a Queen of Queens make!

Shea isn't in my personal top 4 but should have won the girl group challenge over the Vivienne and arguably the second sewing challenge too. I don't think she was performing at much of a different level of success to most of the cast so I think people are doing a bit too much over her placement.

Jaida is my favourite and you all know this... But she won two challenges & so did Shea. They both were rewarded with extra stars they didn't earn, so both of them wouldn't have even been in contention to be in the Top 4 without some sort of riggory. You guys are doing way too much. Jaida benefit from charity stars just as much as Shea.

Also Shea was robbed of another win in the girl group challenge, whereas Jaida got her 2 deserved wins. It's fair to me.

Jaida is my favourite and you all know this... But she won two challenges & so did Shea. They both were rewarded with extra stars they didn't earn, so both of them wouldn't have even been in contention to be in the Top 4 without some sort of riggory. You guys are doing way too much. Jaida benefit from charity stars just as much as Shea.

Also Shea was robbed of another win in the girl group challenge, whereas Jaida got her 2 deserved wins. It's fair to me.
Period.

Now the real tea is that the talent show should've been worth 2 stars, a lot less riggory, seems valid for the last challenge, doesn't make it obvious that Shea is being prioritized. Jinkx & Monet enter the Top 4 with 4 stars each, and they each get to pick a finalist from Trinity, Jaida & Shea who have 3 stars each. Obviously Monet picks Trinity, and Jinkx would most likely pick Jaida, but could also probably sway towards Shea based on how well she's done the entire season. That way either Jaida or Shea get a robbed of Top 4 fan sympathy surge without the backlash that Shea will most likely be feeling now.

Also I hope all of you Jaida defenders are following her on Instagram cause my mother is the only one not at 1 million yet (besides The Vivienne) and she needs our support!

SfHtZSO.gif

Producers using the Talent Show, (a challenge where they would have known what the queens were doing already and have an idea of who would come out best) as the last challenge to give out three stars does scream fix. Sorry to anyone who says otherwise, but come on...

Also a slightly hot take, season nine Shea felt more dynamic then either of the All Star versions we got and season 9 was not exactly easier competition either, compared to All Stars 5 or 7.

Finally what was the point of the one week were the queen gave out a second star? They did it once and never again? Was it to give Yvie and Raja stars because they didn't have one yet? Why do it once and then stop? They could have done the winner of the challenge / lipsync gives like 0.5 of a star each week to a queen of their choice and then not do the three star thing at the end, if they wanted to keep things entertaining etc. These last minute twists the show does sometimes can really wreck a season. While the 3 Star twist is not as bad all the All Stars 3 Jury vote twist, it still puts a stinker on the season.

Last edited:
Jaida deserves for being an absolute star and being scammed out of the top 4. Jinkx is pretty indisputable at this point. If they don't take it, this season will be in keeping with the other odd-numbered All Stars seasons.