RuPaul's Drag Race (AS9)

Rmx

He/Him/His

More Plane Jane content <3 he looks so fit, damn

(Michelle should stay firmly away from the colour green, omg i get why she hates it now)

My husband is just getting into drag race and he binged S5 this past week. Being immersed in the Plane Jane discourse and then comparing it to how some of the queens acted on that, and other early seasons is so funny. These children who think Plane is a bitch really need to watch a season prior to Aquaria’s!

I finally watched the episode. I think maybe one of the best ideas for an end of the season episode. It's a great final showcase for each queen. I hope it becomes a staple.

Actually I would live for a spin off show of this where each episode it's just a random handful of queens doing a lipsync tournament to win money.

Plane's best contribution to the season was introducing me to Jelena Karleusa because I am still like this when Karlybitch comes on

yoda-gettin-the-fuck-down.gif

he/him
I dunno, I feel like yelling at people for doing an ad with Starbucks isn't really helping anyone (Starbucks isn't even on the BDS list and from my understanding don't even operate in Israel.) There's many reasons to be against Starbucks and boycott them, but I know these people aren't going to use their energy for every evil corporation. Which I understand isn't even possible! I just think there's ways to express disappointment or share feelings about it in a constructive way but the way she and many other people do it on social media just comes off as using the opportunity to assert moral superiority over people while doing nothing (especially evidenced by her statement about not fact checking). Honestly, I think Dawn helping her friends make false sexual assault accusations is probably more damaging in the long run than two twinks doing a Starbucks commercial. (Sorry I had to get in a pot shot.)

I dunno, I feel like yelling at people for doing an ad with Starbucks isn't really helping anyone (Starbucks isn't even on the BDS list and from my understanding don't even operate in Israel.) There's many reasons to be against Starbucks and boycott them, but I know these people aren't going to use their energy for every evil corporation. Which I understand isn't even possible! I just think there's ways to express disappointment or share feelings about it in a constructive way but the way she and many other people do it on social media just comes off as using the opportunity to assert moral superiority over people while doing nothing (especially evidenced by her statement about not fact checking). Honestly, I think Dawn helping her friends make false sexual assault accusations is probably more damaging in the long run than two twinks doing a Starbucks commercial. (Sorry I had to get in a pot shot.)

Fair enough. Although I think the Starbucks boycott came from them suing their own unions for voicing support towards Palestine. I don't think Sugar/Spice are even capable of evil, but informing them (in a better way) shouldn't be out of question.

As for the SA stuff, I had no idea Dawn was involved in that. Boo.