RuPaul's Drag Race (AS9)

It’s still the worst season for me but at least the finale (and Morphine’s win last week) was satisfying. Sapphira was my winner going in but Nymphia won the finale fair and square. I wish she was as cool and charismatic as this through the whole season. She gave Violet levels of confidence. Plane (super overrated IMO) swiftly being eliminated and then Padam as the final song felt right! Finally I don’t know how much more fun could that final lipsync be for a drag fan… I’m shocked by the negative reaction here. I lived.

Edit: forgot to add, I hope they don’t continue shooting the finales this way. It felt like much much much less of an event.

Last edited:
Ok season, not terrible nothing spectacular.

I think Ru didn’t really love a Queen this season, she usually has her favourites but this season I think she liked some of the girls but didn’t have much affection for any contestant in particular.

I feel like Morphine was the standout…

So, the reason why this finale wasn't filmed in the same conditions as the previous ones was the writers' strike?

Apparently not, if the Reddit teaspillers are right. It was more to do with the delays in filming last season’s finale because a dancer was injured and Anetra’s crowning image being leaked too. I also think Ru’s book tour had something to with it too.

Anyway, the finale could’ve done with trimming the fat, but I enjoyed it. Nymphia and Sapphira’s solo performances were strong and they both deserved to be Top 2. Jane’s song wasn’t great and I don’t think she’s a great lip syncer; competent but unexciting. I also clocked how uncomfortable Jane is talking about herself and not her ‘character’ so she’ll need to sort that if she wants a chance to win All Stars.

That final lip sync from Nymphia was great; good reveals and moves, I was impressed. It seemed like part way through Sapphira realised she needed to up her game but it wasn’t enough.

Pleased for Nymphia, but sad for Sapphira. A great Top 2 if nothing else.

Me not realizing the original tweet is by Dawn's boyfriend of all people until seeing Plane's response.

There's something... dark-sided and festering underneath this cast in regards to Dawn & Amanda.

The way he sets Dawn up with this behaviour cause how are you gonna talk about Plane losing for coming 3rd when Dawn literally won NOTHING. I'd be so embarrassed if my man was fighting with castmates like that. If I never see Dawn or Amanda again, it'd be a blessing. Both bitter, uninspiring and rotted.

Season 13 is bad? With LaLaRi’s bag dress? Utica’s crash and burn at the roast? Tamisha and Kandy’s messy fight? Olivia’s Valentina-lite downfall? Denali’s 100% Pure Love? I think the (talented but mostly unlikable) top 4 is giving it a bad look for you all.

Staff member
Season 13 is bad? With LaLaRi’s bag dress? Utica’s crash and burn at the roast? Tamisha and Kandy’s messy fight? Olivia’s Valentina-lite downfall? Denali’s 100% Pure Love? I think the (talented but mostly unlikable) top 4 is giving it a bad look for you all.

Denali's lipsync being the peak of the season, talent! Honourable mentions for LaLa and Utica being the only other likeable ones in the cast, Tamisha desperately deserved any other season to compete on.

If they didn't consider her great track record, in this episode Plane had the better solo performance of the two and would have deserved top 2. Shappira won tons of money with all the challenges won and Miss Congeniality anyway.

This was my highlight of the entire episode and, in my opinion, one of the best 'original' numbers from this post-season 6 format.

She burned down the building

This was my highlight of the entire episode and, in my opinion, one of the best 'original' numbers from this post-season 6 format.

She burned down the building

I don't know sis I just didn't enjoy it that much nn. The biggest gag was the dress reveal between the two sections but after that it was pretty much walking, clapping, wind machining in an ugly outfit. The song being very Lizzo coded didn't help me either. To each their own tho!

I don't know sis I just didn't enjoy it that much nn. The biggest gag was the dress reveal between the two sections but after that it was pretty much walking, clapping, wind machining in an ugly outfit. The song being very Lizzo coded didn't help me either. To each their own tho!

I just found it to be a very joyful and rousing number, especially compared to how flat Plane's felt by comparison. The song is a bop (not sorry) and managed to condense three very distinct sections into 90 seconds and provide the levels that the other numbers lacked.

I think it says a lot that all of Sapphira's peers were on their feet and absolutely living for the performance.

I honestly believe Nymphia never thought she'd win, especially considering the treatment of Asian queens in the main franchise. The head piece alone makes me think that she didn't even consider a crown, plus her screen rehearsed win felt a bit off energy wise. I'm so happy for her.

Sapphira also felt a bit off at the beginning of the lipsync. I wonder if winning Miss Congeniality made her realize that the producers had already decided the winner? I don't remember if there was a queen who won both prizes in the same episode/season.