RuPaul's Drag Race (AS9)

Rmx

He/Him/His
Just watched episode 1...

I was honestly a bit bored for most of the episode. Is this what it's gonna be like for the judge's critiques? They could've all won because there were only positive critiques. I'm hoping this is just a cute charitable start for the season, and they're going to add in some spice for the next episodes.

Have said that... The ruby snippers part was hilarious. Angie really played it up, and it sort of felt like the only part of the episode where there were any true stakes for the queens. I don't personally care too much for them competing for charity. I'm glad for their charities, but it doesn't make great television so far for me. But Angie made the cutting off very entertaining. On to episode 2!

Rmx

He/Him/His
Sorry for the double post but

"I'm thrilled there aren't any eliminations this season. I just wanna walk down the runway in something presentable" - Nina buzzkill West. What kind of attitude is that for reality tv?? Gorl

Rmx

He/Him/His
Plastique… her self made Ball look still has my jaw on the floor. She’s my favorite so far and could have easily won the Girl Group challenge.

I’m enjoying this quite much so far. Excited for what’s to come! Also Keke can stay as a permanent judge. Thank you!

Yeah Plastique gagged me for sure.

She should have been in the top for ep 1 and she annihilated her lip sync in ep 2.

Yeah Plastique gagged me for sure.

She should have been in the top for ep 1 and she annihilated her lip sync in ep 2.
Yeah, really not sure on what that decision was based on. Plastique was operating on a completely different level than Gottmik in that lipsync and was the clear winner. I smell some kind of bias because she was also definitely robbed of a top 2 placement in ep1…

He / Him / His
There were some really solid to amazing performances across the two episodes but I found it pretty exhausting watching both in a row when it all feels this low stakes.

At least All Stars 7 had a new title at play that gave the impression the queens were hungry out of the gate. It might be that the mostly stellar performances are enough to chug the season along but for now I’m wary about this one, and I say that as somebody who doesn’t necessarily need drama… just a sense of actual competition.

The full first episode for free.
Also this is much better then as8, and it was a better premiere ep then as7 which I think some of you are looking back at with rose tinted glasses

Last edited: