RuPaul's Drag Race (AS9)

Why does everyone hate Nina?

I’m not a fan of her drag style but she is funny in the comedy challenges. There’s been a lot worse on the show.
She's a zionist. She's been liking and commenting pro Israel posts from other celebrities like Amy Schumer (yikes) and Andy Cohen.

I didn't liked her way before. For me, her drag is boring, not funny at all, she's a weak performer and her aesthetic is Tina Burner levels of ugly.

Last edited:
She's a zionist. She's been liking and commenting pro Israel posts from other celebrities like Amy Schumer (yikes) and Andy Cohen.

I didn't liked her way before. For me, her drag is boring, not funny at all, she's a weak performer and her aesthetic is Tina Burner levels of ugly.

Has this been verified? I’ve also heard people saying she’s liked lots of pro Palestine stuff.

Vanjie put on a wig and called it a day with Cleopatra, she always just plays herself and its jarring at this point.

The season is proving to be really dull, the stakes just aren't there. I'm gona need mother Melinda to return for an Allstars or versus season and show these queens good television.

Has this been verified? I’ve also heard people saying she’s liked lots of pro Palestine stuff.
This is what there is:

Liking Andy’s post.

Commenting on Amy’s post.

Both posts were in early October.

Allegedly she’s liked Pro Palestine stuff since then (I don’t know for sure), though I know many would say it’s damage control. And while I hate to play devil’s advocate, I think a lot of people were very misinformed even as late as last October and after the attack on October 7th it was pretty common for gut reactions to be pro-Israel until a lot of people actually opened their eyes. But I don’t know one way or the other where her true feelings lie. (Hopefully Palestine, but she gives me very “I just want everyone to love each other and for the war to end” energy.)

EDITED to add: But I also hate Nina fff and have since her season, and none of this behavior (nor her performance on AS9) is going to help change that!

Hadn’t Instagram switched off showing likes like that before then?

I just think you have to be very careful with these things. It’s so easy to make a fake screenshot of social engagement. So unless I see it for myself, you have to take it with a grain of salt. I went to that Andy Cohen post and she hadn’t liked it. Could have unliked it of course but without someone I trust telling me they saw it first hand, you have to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I think if Nina wasn’t what people are accusing her of, she’d have cleared her name by saying something in support of Palestine by now, given it’s the only narrative around her (besides her ugly drag) right now, but instead she’s turning off comments on her Instagram which says more than you need to know.