RuPaul's Drag Race - Season 5 | The Popjustice Forum

RuPaul's Drag Race - Season 5

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Resi12, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2012
  2. Alaaaaaska!

I don't know where I stand with transgendered contestants. If they're trying to be real women they're not really drag queens? Drag Race isn't exactly trans friendly (see gaff-in ep with Ru's "tranny" joke).

3. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Updated with Monica Beverly Hillz, Ivy Winters and Coco Montrese. Monica is apparently the trans contestant.

14 queens. Biggest amount ever. I smell a double elimination looming. Trailer for the season is being releasing tomorrow!

4. Honey is giving me Diana Ross! Jinkx looks horrific.

5. Alaska Thunderfuck is the best Drag name in Rupaul history. Praying she's great.

Jinkx Monsoon looks like a good time gal. Not many bigger queens this year are there?

6. jigglemypuff

jigglemypuff Guest

Jinkx is giving me Tammie Brown vibes.

So excited for this season, all the girls are gorgeous (although I wish there were more plus-sized Queens). I don't even know how I'm gonna cope until January.

7. [​IMG]

L'il Kenya Michaels!

8. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

9. Team Detox/Alaska. They all look so strong though; hopefully there are some camp drag competitions (I.e. humour rather than high fashion) early on so that queens like Jinkx can go far. Ru always seems to get rid of the strong camp girls early on.

10. jigglemypuff

jigglemypuff Guest

11. Team Jinkx and Detox!

I wonder if Alaska is strong enough to break out of Sharon's shadow?

I spent the last 16 minutes watching this video of Jinkx putting on her drag while talking about her style, who Jinkx is, how she got started etc. Jinkx is a 40 year old single mother of two who performs at Cabaret bars to support her family but is often mistaken for a drag queen. Plus most of Jinkx's performance videos on YouTube are of her actually singing so I wonder how she'll translate on a show like Drag Race.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  12. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

13. January feels so long away!

14. jigglemypuff

jigglemypuff Guest

Omg Jinkx is giving me LIFE.

Now that I have watched all the 'Meet the Contestants' videos my pre-show favourites are Jinkx, Serena, Ivy, Penny and of course Detox. I can already tell this season is gonna be amazing.

15. jigglemypuff

jigglemypuff Guest

[​IMG]

Ugh, Alaska. I hope she leaves first.

16. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

17. TeenIdle

TeenIdle Guest

Penny and Roxxxy are supposed to be the 'big(ger)' girls this year.

And I think they may even consider Detox "trans" because doesn't she have some kind of implants?

Also, Jade and Jinkx are my favorites.

18. I can actually see Juju winning this. She's improved the most and is probably one of the most popular contestants. Chad has NOT been getting a winners edit anyway. I'll also scream if he mentions the fucking Hunger Games one more time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.