RuPaul's Drag Race - Season 7 (US Pace) | The Popjustice Forum

RuPaul's Drag Race - Season 7 (US Pace)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by matthew., Jul 21, 2014.

1. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Production (Or pre-production at least) is now under way. A new stage has been built, but I'm currently unsure of who the queens are. Rumor has it that they delayed production a month to get CHER to appear as a guest judge.

C'MON in an post your rumors and what not.

OKURRR?

2. I have a feeling this season will be better than season 6. I hope it is.

3. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

As long as it doesn't fall to the lows of season 5 we are good.

Also, they're re-doing the untucked lounges.

4. You mean they are putting new wallpaper on those wooden panels they stick together? Hehe, last season they began showing the backstage as it is, and you can tell, those ain't no lounges,they are "walls" pulled up in the middle of a sound stage.

I don't know, I'm optimistic.
    I loved the "okurrr"!

5. Mattyjay: I thought the spoilers from reddit were fake; I'm not sure though.

Ugh I can't wait. Best show on TV, even at its worst. I really want a runway based / fashion season again (S3) or just a crazy season (S4).

6. Can't wait!

I'm hoping for more Bianca/Adore/Trinity types and less Darienne shitebags.

7. [video=youtube;3JQeCUKovIg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JQeCUKovIg[/video]

Willam's Beatdown is back! It's not as well lit, or quite as funny, but still!

8. Season 6 was amazing though?

9. Season 6 was filler-free which is a first for the show! (Magnolia Crawford doesn't count). I don't like Milk or Ben that much but they were okay. All the other queens were good/great/amazing.

10. I think it's one of the poorest seasons, in all honesty. I didn't like how they tampered with the format and split the opening episode into two. I felt it was missing something overall. Actually - and this might be an unpopular opinion - but I prefer the reunion episodes in a studio, because I feel like they all get a chance to speak properly, and not just be props in a big show. Does that make sense?

11. Seasons 3, 4 and 6 > Season 2 > Season 5 > Season 1.
    I don't like reunions anyways. Seeing how confessionals and editing changed contestants' relationships is a very good idea, but for some reason it tends to turn out boring. Aside from a couple of Bad Girls Club reunions, I don't think any of them have been gratifying.

12. Season 4, 2, 3, 5, 1, 6 would be my order of preference. Some of the editing on Season 6 really confused me. They threw Vivacious under a bus and waited for a truck to hit him as well, didn't they?

13. Season 4 > 6 > 3 > 5 > 2 > 1

6 had the strongest cast but it also had less 'real drama' that season 4 had.

14. 6 got a bit boring towards the end because no one really brought it in terms of runway which is a large aspect of the show.

15. YES. I think Untucked was really good, but it was generally a weak season for me.

16. Kirkland lols

17. You're always so shocked I watch Drag Race! But I genuinely love it despite some of my unfamiliarity with the culture. I have a background in performance and theatre, although I clearly refused to remain in the background.

But the luvvies and queens think I'm amazing, don't you?

18. No the Lols is for being wrong. Season 6 is it!

19. I'm hoping Courtney Act's opened the door for a couple more international drag acts. It'd be interesting to see how a UK Queen fares in the US format.

20. I noticed Tatianna 'doing an Adore and looking right at the camera during an episode of Untucked.

Ah! Oh well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.