RuPaul's Drag Race - Season 7 (US Pace)

he/him
As long as Alaska doesn't reference Hunger Games every five minutes like Chad did on the first season of All-Stars (seriously, did he have a sponsorship deal with Suzanne Collins or something?), I'm more than fine with her winning this new season.

acrimonious mammoth, you've admitted you haven't followed her since being on the show, which is fine. But surely you should reserve judgment until you see her on All Stars 2, especially considering many of us have told you she's upped the ante considerably since then. You can dislike her for her output on season 5, but to spew so much vitriol when you're ignorant of what she's doing now isn't cute!

Hoping and praying she goes down in flames when facing stiff, real competition and pulls an Akashia. The meltdowns would be life changing, as her fans are hardcore.

We agree on most things here on PJ, it's all that good taste sis. But on Alaska, she is real competition for any of the other girls that decide to come back for All Stars 2. Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve & Talent = Alaska, plus she's super sweet in person which helps.

[video=youtube;2_BRq4mu9BU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_BRq4mu9BU[/video]

No. Sharon's genius has been held back somewhat by her substance abuse problems. She is still an amazing queen, and capable of turning it out (see BOTS Snatch Game), but she's too deep into that rock star lifestyle to fully capitalise on it like Lasky has. Michelle talks about it on Hey Qween. It's been a while since I've watched it, so can't point you to the exact time, but the entire interview is worth a watch if you haven't seen it already.

[video=youtube;vRKxflKgI4c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRKxflKgI4c[/video]

Gotta say - this is pretty good, musically and it's nicely shot.

I'm on team Alaska, actually.

I'm going to go see Trixie at my local club tonight, I'm so excited.

I've only seen Raven, Jujubee, Sharon Needles, Adore, and Bianca Del Rio before.

No. Sharon's genius has been held back somewhat by her substance abuse problems. She is still an amazing queen, and capable of turning it out (see BOTS Snatch Game), but she's too deep into that rock star lifestyle to fully capitalise on it like Lasky has. Michelle talks about it on Hey Qween. It's been a while since I've watched it, so can't point you to the exact time, but the entire interview is worth a watch if you haven't seen it already.

Yes I remember, she said how when Alaska and Sharon were together that Sharon needed it to be all about her, so Alaska never fully realised her potential until she broke out of that relationship. And throughout Season 5 it was constantly "Sharon Needles's boy/girlfriend" and now Alaska is completely her own star and yes, kind of surpassed Sharon in popularity.

Just saw Trixie Mattel live and she's amazing, her stage presence is captivating, her number was everything, included all her eliminations, after the performance she threw major shade at all the queens in her season and I lived. One of my favorite queens I've seen perform.

Alaska is the Sharon you can hire who is easy to get along with, won't give any controversy, and she's nice but somewhat...Jade Ewenish. Any threat she had has been dulled by her need to fit in with Drag Race and please RuPaul. She's the Sharon without bite or edge. Sharon is a brilliant talent and personality but you are taking a chance when you hire her, if what you're all saying is accurate.

Somehow it feels wrong that Alaska would compete again, she's one of those who seems to have carved a good niche for herself that doesn't even need the show or to compete in it again.
Ongina did say Hiieeee first in the show, but don't see how Ru used it before? Also Madonna took voguing from the underground scene. Alaska took it from a peer who's on her own level and competed in the same show she was one. There's quite a difference.

I'm still sad that I never managed to see Alaska, Willam and Courtney is Glasgow last month especially since Alaska is probably my favorite queen.

They/them, he/him
I saw Sharon last year at a gig in Birmingham and I was so disappointed. I've always felt that she was overhyped to death, simply by being a different kind of drag queen we hadn't seen before, but she was so uninterested and it was so obvious she wanted to be anywhere else than on stage. And from what I hear from the staff she was a real [banned PopJustice word] behind the scenes.

The one good thing about Needles now is that because she was shady and off with Bianca for hosting the Season 5 finale/reunion party, Bianca applied and completely slayed the entire world. Other than that, I'm not interested in her. Lasky, on the other hand..... everything. Slay me.

Sharon's show on the Drag Cruise was pure CBGB's 1976. Best concert I went to the whole of last year. She was also an absolute delight to chat to.

Having said that I have friends who can attest to her terrible behaviour when booked for a show.

I don't think she wants to go down the commercial drag queen route, lipsinking and making comedy videos. She's a punk artist and a fucking great one at that. I'd probably go see her again over anyone else that's been on the show.

I'm still sad that I never managed to see Alaska, Willam and Courtney is Glasgow last month especially since Alaska is probably my favorite queen.

Don't be too cut up about it... I saw them in Melbourne and Alaska was the only truly memorable one. The other two were both lovely (Courtney is shockingly beautiful (moreso) in the flesh, but they both looked a bit also-ran on stage with Alaska. Willam was strangely.... low-key in person. I know, I was shocked too.