RuPaul's Drag Race *SPOILERS*

Nymphia is a really worthy winner, she's had incredible looks, her brand has been so strong throughout the season and she's a real performer. I was expecting Sapphira to take it since she's been all the above as well as incredibly consistent and had what feels like more of a winners edit but I'm not sad about it.

Go banana!

I think the lack of variety in challenges this season has kind of hindered us seeing another side of Nymphia; every time there was an acting or performance role she had a smaller part; like the Rusical or Vegas Live episodes, but still usually did well. Hopefully seeing her lip sync fully will put the missing puzzle pieces in place for a lot of her doubters.

Both Nymphia and Sapphira have had weird edits. Nymphia being annoying or just absent and Sapphira just being mother until her winning strike in the last part of the competition.

Still, nothing will come close to them crowning Yvie Oddly after

b2f4bb8dbcbf68f48adb5cce604d87fc

Last edited:
Nymphia's edit feels the most similar to like, Priyanka. Unconventional run but then killing the finale, hopefully it's just as satisfying because I've been pulling for her.

I know she isn't popular here but if anyone killed the finale of that season it was Scarlett BoBo.

Both Nymphia and Sapphira have had weird edits. Nymphia being annoying or just absent and Sapphira just being mother until her winning strike in the last part of the competition. The only satisfying arc has been Jane's.

Still, nothing will come close to them crowning Yvie Oddly after

My friend you keep trying to say Jane had a satisfying arc, but I don't think "was a bitch" > "still a bitch but we know her better" is an "arc" dddd

Nymphia's edit feels the most similar to like, Priyanka. Unconventional run but then killing the finale, hopefully it's just as satisfying because I've been pulling for her.

If the rumors are true, Nymphia's run most closely approximates Sasha Velour: quirky artistic powerhouse who did well, but didn't blow anyone away until an undeniable finale lip sync.

I know she isn't popular here but if anyone killed the finale of that season it was Scarlett BoBo.

I actually love Scarlett, but let's not pretend Priyanka wasn't, isn't, and will always be an enormous star.

My friend you keep trying to say Jane had a satisfying arc, but I don't think "was a bitch" > "still a bitch but we know her better" is an "arc" dddd
dddd I edited that post because I didn't even remember posting before. I'm old!

BUT I do feel like she's been, at least, more present during the whole season? The other finalists were absent during parts of the season.

I imagine it's a reference to the alleged charity aspect of the season. The first episode rundown that came a while ago said it was a girl group challenge with the song being "Drag Queens Save the World", so looks like this confirms it.

That’s what I wondered; if they’re going to recognise it in the chronology as the 9th instalment.

I’m pretty sure Global is meant to be getting a summer air date, but if not then this is a strange choice for branding.

He/him
Plane was entertaining but I think she needs to know when to pivot from just being the bitch. RuPaul questioning her on the grand final stage and Plane barely gave us anything other than some pre-prepared bitchy quips.
Yeah, I agree. I really enjoy Plane overall, but the lack of relatability in those answers is what likely landed her a distant 3rd. Sapphira and Nymphia both showed vulnerability and real self-awareness, but Plane only maintained that character the whole time and it left me really willing her to take a breath and just get real for a minute.

I think if she listens to some of that feedback and becomes a bit more than just that one character, she'll dominate an All Stars.