RuPaul's Drag Race UK (S2) | Page 410 | The Popjustice Forum

RuPaul's Drag Race UK (S2)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by SockMonkey, Dec 5, 2018.

1. "UK Hun?" without lentils or fruits?

[​IMG]

2. This honestly feels really disrespectful. What on earth has the song got to do with the Frock Destroyers?

plasticFANTASTIC and Sleepycat like this.
  3. I mean, it's not really disrespectful, it's no different to any group putting out a cover of a song they like. And the Frock Destroyers are an actual recording group, with videos, performances, an album and an (admittedly small) audience, so I get why they'd get them to do it.

jawow_ and DoggySwami like this.
  4. I guess it just feels a bit disrespectful to me when it's another Drag Race UK group commercially releasing a cover a few weeks after the original, getting Lawrence Chaney on it and then it being promoted by World of Wonder.

I dunno, just feels a bit too blatant of an attempt to cash in on the popularity of a song that was made popular by another DRUK group.

5. Let’s get United Kingdolls on Break Up to even it out. Imagine.

madgemad, POPGASM, Quimogen and 2 others like this.
  6. I don’t need any more of Lawrence’s CITV jingle verses please and thank you

7. That was dreadful. Bimini’s and Tayce’s verses plus A’Whora sounding like a cat in heat are what make UK, Hun? the classic that it is.

8. Thanks for giving it a go.... I'm DEAD.

9. LOVE THEM SO MUCH.

Sugaboy likes this.
  10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

A'Whora in that gif

DoggySwami likes this.
  11. Some kind of D Club 7 thing could have been cute, with both groups on a new song.

But it feels like a weird choice to a version of the song that, other than the chorus, removes all the best parts (no dig at Lawrence, but she had the least strong verse)? Especially as what they've added... is not great.

Verandi and lushLuck like this.
  12. BTG

BTG

Listen or pre-save now?

[​IMG]

Jonathan27, constantino, LPT and 19 others like this.
  13. I don't.. get the point or need for this...?

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  14. The weirdly defensive energy in this thread. Somebody cleanse it! It’s a bunch of drag race girls known for their fun bop hopping on another bunch of drag race girls fun bop (to debatable ‘success’). It’s not disrespectful, offensive or any of the...bizarre words being thrown around in here. Find a cause, people.

15. They massively underestimated the demand for this tour. With the amount of tickets they’re selling, this easily could have been a massive arena tour with improved production values. Imagine what that would’ve done to cement drag as a mainstream art form in the UK.

POPGASM and ssa like this.
  16. Yeah the fact they're going to Stockton of all places proves that. Surprised they've chosen Bradford and haven't added a Leeds date.

But I suspect a third set of dates will be announced seeing the gap at the start of March.

Andrew.L likes this.
  17. BTG

BTG

Fuck Belfast’s drag right?

LPT, Mr.Arroz, 4Roses and 1 other person like this.
  18. The United Kingdolls already have an Australian tour booked for beginning of March, hence the gap.

Andrew.L and michaelhird like this.
  19. Ahhh that's it.

Nice to see them all booked and busy.

20. Take Lawrence’s crown away from him for this abomination.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.