RuPaul's Drag Race UK (S3) | Page 460 | The Popjustice Forum

RuPaul's Drag Race UK (S3)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by SockMonkey, Dec 5, 2018.

1. That's kinda bullshit though when it's clearly influenced as opposed to copied and if she had a brown curly wig on it would've been fine.

Stopremix, Blond and ssa like this.
  2. I think Scary Spice was just a bit too obvious for Charity. She could have done something wild with Posh or Baby and it would have come across more creative I think.

3. Yeah, this is it. The cynic in me says Ru carefully orchestrated events so that Charity would be one of two remaining girls without a badge as a kind of punishment for building her brand without Ru’s help ddd

4. I think in years to come people will write essays on how RuPaul's Drag Race was a success in spite of its star and production company. It fascinates me how it appeals to so many (including me) based solely on being invested in the contestants and none of the shitshow which surrounds it.

5. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

They’d have slated her even more if she’d tried to be creative with either of those members. They wanted something a lot more literal.

Andrew likes this.
  6. Ru saying 'Space Ghettos' at every opportunity after being told it was a meme by production 5 minutes before the runway started...

7. Imagining Choriza on this BDE

boyaloud, allyshone and constantino like this.
  8. Being h*rny for Ella Vaday feels like a red flag idk

9. Well this definitely isn't as good as Season 2, huh?

10. Charity, Choriza, and Krystal are the only ones giving me anything. Though I do like River.

Charity would easily be the frontrunner with more generous production. I'm gonna guess that's not how the storyboard ended up. I feel like Victoria's injury fucked up storyline production too. I don't know, the whole thing is a mess.

jawow_ and Lapras like this.
  11. I feel like UK Season 2 was such an anomaly, much like All Stars 2. A season so great in quality, and one that only comes around so often. Everything just slotted together perfectly to make it a superstar season. Even things that you’d think would normally fuck a season up like the pandemic/break in production/Veronica leaving actually ended up working in its favour.

For those reasons this season is definitely a lot better when it’s not directly compared to its predecessor, which is admittedly hard to do especially given the close proximity in which they’re airing. I think this season has been great so far myself, but a bit more time between 2 and 3 both for filming and airing would’ve benefitted both the queens and the viewers I feel.

12. I actually think the mid season break in filming did season 2 a lot of good. The queen's got time away to really listen to the critiques they were getting and use their experience to elevate what they were bringing for the rest of the season. I wouldn't mind if they made it a staple of how they do filming, but with the show's super aggressive schedule it really is an anomaly.

Jamie, LPT, Digital_Fossil and 3 others like this.
  13. Choriza Thee Stallion's verse making zero sense lyrically and barely even rhyming but having my tush shaking and quaking. Our made-for-TV queen should have a solo WIN teebs. Also didn't Ru film this around the same time he filmed Drag Race Down Trodden? No wonder her piss is boiled. The way she has a dagger, machete and swiss army knife lined up for Charity at any given opportunity. It's getting weird. At least her disdain for Joe Black was fun & deserved x

[​IMG]

14. Ella really doesn't have a personality does she.

[​IMG]

15. "Nobody would expect me to come out in Sporty Spice drag!" - The Resident Butch Queen of Season 3

[​IMG]

16. Break Up Bye Bye got to 35

UK Hun? got to 27

Really looking forward to Big Drag Energy going top 20 next week ...

17. She said it last season too.

18. UK Hun was my anthem in that dark winter lockdown.

19. I would have loved if someone had come out in Geri's 2007 press conference look and long ginger-y blonde hair from that and then ripped them off to reveal the Union Jack dress with red wig underneath.

20. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

This is the least memorable song of the three, though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.