RuPaul's Drag Race UK (S3) | Page 508 | The Popjustice Forum

RuPaul's Drag Race UK (S3)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by SockMonkey, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Honestly I am kinda sick of how quickly the general public DEVOURS any queen that starts racking up wins. Like, I understand why it happens, but I wish they could look at things a bit more objectively and not just take things at face value. If we just trusted the wins handed out on the show we'd currently have... Gigi Goode, Brooke Lynn Hytes & Ginger Minj as winners. And to be honest, most people probably would tell you they were robbed when they weren't.

And also hate when the judges hand out double wins for non-group challenges... You just know they're narrative building then, and funnily enough it's been for Rose & Ella, who are literally the same person.

RUNAWAY, Phloo, aaronhansome and 30 others like this.
  2. Some episodes were really bad and they need a complete review of some of the challenges. There is no place for an infomercial challenge in 2021.

I actually liked the cast but there were so many bad looks. Not blaming the cast though but rather BBC/WOW who forced queens to get ready in a short space of time during a tough time of the pandemic.

londonrain and Andrew like this.
  3. I couldn't agree with you more. Like, Ella didn't have any kind of amazing growth in the show, her runways didn't get any better, she had a couple of great moments but nobody cared about her until the show started to tell them to.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    RUNAWAY, Blond, Bobbyrae and 10 others like this.
  4. LTG

LTG

Loved Krystal’s finale look

[​IMG]

Stopremix, RUNAWAY, JMRGBY and 11 others like this.
  5. The problem this season was that Krystal was so good that they had to actively be nitpicky about her and not give her some wins she deserved, just so it wasn't SO obvious she was winner material. Because it would've been boring TV if she was just by far getting the most badges.
    But as far as level of talent, and ability to stand amongst past winners in the franchise, Krystal was the only real choice here. I... am a little stunned she was like the general public's least favorite?

6. 2014

2014 Staff Member

YAS KRYSTAL YAS!!

What a mediocre season.

RUNAWAY, sesita, K94 and 2 others like this.
  7. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

I did kind of screech at Ru kind of skull dragging Ella with the washed up actor turns drag queen comment

8. Michelle's reaction to her breakdancing to M People is one of my favorite moments of the entire season.

9. The rest of the cast coming out for the final chorus of the song…

[​IMG]

So happy for Krystal. She ate that runway like nobody has ever done since the likes of Violet and Raja Bimini.

Island, RUNAWAY, Jamie and 7 others like this.
  10. K94

K94

Goodnight to Krystal, Jay Revell, and Alesha's 'Scandalous' adlibs only xx

Speaking of:

@BBC

[​IMG]

11. The right girl won, even though Kitty fully won me over on this episode. Charity's outfit was hilarious, everytime she popped up behind the girls during Untucked like they were on Silent Hill... amazing.

Ella looked like a contestant on a makeover episode.

12. The UK public loathe exceptional people and love mediocrity lest we be threatened by too much confidence and capability

Stopremix, acl, Espeon and 5 others like this.
  13. It was very
    [​IMG]

Stopremix, RUNAWAY, snoho and 16 others like this.
  14. I would have been happy with any of them winning, they were all very likeable.
    Krystal was the right winner after watching that finale, she just oozed stage presence compared to the other two. Plus Ella’s makeup in that final runway….it just didn’t look right.
    Will be happy to see Ella and Kitty again in the future.

15. The only correct winner, even if I wasn't fully on board she was the only one to truly serve looks on this season. I think there was so favorable editing in the musical number, as she looked a little chaotic whenever the camera wasn't focused on her and I happened to catch a glimpse.

16. The wrong winner! Kitty was better all round. Absolutely glad it wasn’t Ella, but Krystal was devoid of anything but turning a look.

17. Island

Island Staff Member

Ffff Ella looked 60 years old.

Stopremix, RUNAWAY, Jamie and 7 others like this.
  18. I noticed that as well, I'm sure she got some moves and timings wrong but it just ignored it

19. She has openly said when S3 came round to filming she had low mental health and no money to finance the looks. Wish she waited for S4.

londonrain and MilesAngel like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.