RuPaul's Drag Race UK (S4)

Is the show not a bit camp for Russell based on what he has said in the past?
Indeed. Granted that was a few years ago, but still.

His "apology" was...not great, either. "I'm sorry if you feel I've let you down". Oh well, he must feel differently now, it's not like he's obligated to do the show in any way, so he must enjoy it.

Last edited:
I feel like I read an interview with Russell recently where he was watching Drag Race over lockdown, so clearly he's got over whatever... issues he had with it.

I feel like I read an interview with Russell recently where he was watching Drag Race over lockdown, so clearly he's got over whatever... issues he had with it.
The issues weren't with Drag Race though. The comments were about gay people in general being effeminate and "prancing around". So it just stood to reason that Drag Race just wouldn't be his cup of tea.

But if Drag Race has been the thing that has made him realise his comments were gross and awful and he wants to show his support to the queens, then fair enough.

he/him
The issues weren't with Drag Race though. The comments were about gay people in general being effeminate and "prancing around". So it just stood to reason that Drag Race just wouldn't be his cup of tea.

But if Drag Race has been the thing that has made him realise his comments were gross and awful and he wants to show his support to the queens, then fair enough.
I mean, his comments were nearly 10 years ago - people’s views change.

I mean, his comments were nearly 10 years ago - people’s views change.
I know, they were 6 years ago. That's why I said that he must feel differently now or he wouldn't be going on the show at all, in my first post. It's good that he has moved on from that, but it was still an ugly way to voice that opinion in the first place.

Russell was on the documentary series about the season 1 queens on tour (God Shave The Queens?) and he was backstage with the queens saying how big of a fan he was.

Russell was on the documentary series about the season 1 queens on tour (God Shave The Queens?) and he was backstage with the queens saying how big of a fan he was.
Well that's good. I don't think I saw that documentary. I like him as an actor, so I'd like to think he's not also a huge arsehole.