RuPaul's Drag Race UK (S4) | Page 428 | The Popjustice Forum

RuPaul's Drag Race UK (S4)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by SockMonkey, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Two of your friends have done it now. So you are basically compelled to go for it at this point.

Hash tag Team Holly

2. Victoria Scone is my friend.

3. Island

Island Staff Member

The Gay Gods have blessed us:

4. They must be having two guest judges an episode now are they?

5. Is the show not a bit camp for Russell based on what he has said in the past?

6. Indeed. Granted that was a few years ago, but still.

His "apology" was...not great, either. "I'm sorry if you feel I've let you down". Oh well, he must feel differently now, it's not like he's obligated to do the show in any way, so he must enjoy it.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  7. I feel like I read an interview with Russell recently where he was watching Drag Race over lockdown, so clearly he's got over whatever... issues he had with it.

Vasilios likes this.
  8. Victoria Scone is a friend of my fiance so the stanning will continue in this house.

Kuhleezi, Subspace88, Sam and 8 others like this.
  9. The issues weren't with Drag Race though. The comments were about gay people in general being effeminate and "prancing around". So it just stood to reason that Drag Race just wouldn't be his cup of tea.

But if Drag Race has been the thing that has made him realise his comments were gross and awful and he wants to show his support to the queens, then fair enough.

Vasilios and Martyn like this.
  10. Island

Island Staff Member

They missed a trick by not having Nicola Coughlan and Nadine Coyle on the same episode.

11. I cackled. Ru would be even more clueless than usual.

Overdose and Island like this.
  12. I realised after posting that I'd already said this ddd. What I didn't mention is that it was an amateur drag competition and we were the only 2 actual first timers there. She won the competition. I... did not.

Kuhleezi, Mr.Arroz, 1986 and 6 others like this.
  13. I watched the MTQ again, and I kind of stan how Victoria sounds a bit like Jennifer Saunders.

boyaloud and Sleepycat like this.
  14. Acting challenge where they all have to look for their passports please x

lushLuck, Kuhleezi, boyaloud and 12 others like this.
  15. I mean, his comments were nearly 10 years ago - people’s views change.

16. I know, they were 6 years ago. That's why I said that he must feel differently now or he wouldn't be going on the show at all, in my first post. It's good that he has moved on from that, but it was still an ugly way to voice that opinion in the first place.

Bookwormboy likes this.
  17. Russell was on the documentary series about the season 1 queens on tour (God Shave The Queens?) and he was backstage with the queens saying how big of a fan he was.

~Paul~ likes this.
  18. Pleeeeeaase.

lushLuck and Island like this.
  19. Well that's good. I don't think I saw that documentary. I like him as an actor, so I'd like to think he's not also a huge arsehole.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.