RuPaul's Drag Race UK (S4) | Page 502 | The Popjustice Forum

RuPaul's Drag Race UK (S4)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by SockMonkey, Dec 5, 2018.

1. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

I'm catching up and Ella's Oompa Loompa drag? Electric chair. No wonder the locals like her.

2. I enjoyed the episode. I really liked Krystal ddd she’s kinda goofy under that glamour. And we appreciate a Queen that can laugh at themselves when they are knowingly underwhelming haha.

Holly Something and Overdose like this.
  3. The season is so all over the place and therefore I still believe they can pull Krystal’s win out of somewhat thin air.

4. I cannot fathom what you're all seeing in Krystal. Genuinely think she's the most painful case of "young queen whose only frame of reference is Drag Race itself" the show has ever seen.

Josh, Roey_says, singabob and 4 others like this.
  5. To my eyes, nearly every single one of her looks has beaten anything we're seen from Ella and Kitty combined.

6. I really can't fucking stand Kitty.

Lander, b_123 and onelasttimex like this.
  7. 2014

2014 Staff Member

S1 had the atrocious Vivienne and Baga, S2 had a really great, all-round strong final 3, then this series has Krystal at least, so I'm willing a phenomenal season 4 into existence thank you!

londonrain and Andrew like this.
  8. Four tracks from Future Nostalgia across the RPDR franchise to date! The lip sync to Hallucinate could have been better, but was otherwise alright.

Vanity was a likeable queen, even if top four was a stretch. If nothing else, she constantly served perfect diction. Some better reads under her belt, and she could have been absolutely cutting.

9. 100% this. I’m totally in shock after seeing the likes on instagram and twitter. I thought Krystal had it in the bag. I can’t think of another possible winner who made me feel so unimpressed during the whole season, like ever. I’m sad. #teamkrystal

10. Ella winning would be like Rosé winning season 13, and they both have bad wigs.

boombazookajoe, Attis, Joe. and 5 others like this.
  11. Krystal's family looking like nesting dolls in a row was so adorable. I didn't expect to be as endeared to her as I have in the past few episodes.

12. But at least there is no Symone or Gottmik in this cast so it wouldn’t be that much of a travesty.

13. I’d be surprised if Ella didn’t win but honestly who cares, I haven’t rooted for anyone this season.

14. Bless them - with the way they were lined up like that coupled with the slight air of bewilderment, it almost looked like a hostage situation…!

Seriously though, I found their stiffness/awkwardness quite touching, especially the dad, who was clearly totally out of his comfort zone but determined to publicly show support.

15. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

So literally what Rosé’s approach to drag is.

You can see how much - for both of them - drag has been a way for them to embrace their inner campness, but that still somehow leaves something missing. Ella in drag and Ella out of drag are basically the same person, whereas Symone in drag is a whole different level to Symone out of drag.

Island, Pink Frost, POPGASM and 4 others like this.
  16. Ella winning will be a disaster but I'm braced for it. Where is the drag? Where is the drama? Her approach really is so academic, safe and sanitised - so I'm not surprised a large contingent of the fan base are behind her. The talking heads feel so forced and put on, like she's trying to project a personality that isn't there. It feels like she's playing a role.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    dylanaber, LPT, Remyky22 and 10 others like this.
  17. Literally. They’re both as bland as one another.

RHOPJ likes this.
  18. As disappointing as this season has been, actually getting to know some of the typical 'low screen time and middle exit' queens has been refreshing in a way

19. I hope this season take the tittle of "biggest downfall of the drag race franchise" from S7.

S7 had talent, looks and replay value unlike this mess

20. Willam’s assessment of Ella on this week’s Hot Goss was entirely on point, searing as it was. Nothing against her, just the type of queen she is.

Number and londonrain like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.