RuPaul's Drag Race UK *SPOILERS*

Considering that they’ll make a decision based on “variety” of winners in a picture line-up… Kitty is out due to being a comedy queen immediately after Laurence and Krystal is out for being a little too similar to Aquaria aesthetically, in my opinion.

They’re gunning for a “vaguely posh Brit winner” (choosing a rather privileged white male in this climate for “diversity” of winners is especially hilarious to me) so Ella has this sewn up (even though Victoria Scone was nailed on for the crown from the start - WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN etc)
I have it the total opposite of this, ha. I think Kitty being a very emblematic (/predictable) manifestation of what Drag Race UK viewers apparently want out of their queens, and Krystal being the show's first chance to crown a fashion/Instagram/US-style queen, give them a very clear angle at the crown whereas I'm not sure Ella has one (including being "vaguely posh").

Krystal's run has been very strange though. Clear early frontrunner, clearly beloved by the judges, great shot at winning... But she still feels almost taken for granted, and not as present as some of the other finalists? I think the totally non-existent competition and slightly off-putting dominance (and her awkwardness on camera) at the beginning of the season have given her this weird arc that I'm struggling to compare with anyone.

Last edited:
She/Her
I…don’t see them crowning anyone other than Krystal. As much as I enjoy Kitty (despite her lack of original personality beyond quoting memes) I think it’s pretty evident in the past two seasons of UK that Ru’s personal favourite tends to take the crown, and they’ll use the “youngest ever winner” and “first UK fashion queen winner” angles to make it all seem a lot more exciting or interesting than it is.

The fact they were laughing at the "Krystal can't do anything" joke in this episode makes me think she no longer has a chance. If they wanted to keep her as an option, that bit would have been cut.

The way people hype up Victoria like her performances in the challenges she was part of weren’t entirely forgettable…

I wanted to see more of her sure, and she *might* have boosted the energy of the season had she stayed longer, but she was hardly a firecracker made for TV talking heads, was she? Her drag (/personality?) was giving School Marm.

The way people hype up Victoria like her performances in the challenges she was part of weren’t entirely forgettable…

I wanted to see more of her sure, and she *might* have boosted the energy of the season had she stayed longer, but she was hardly a firecracker made for TV talking heads, was she? Her drag (/personality?) was giving School Marm.
She’s good friends with my fiancé so I’ve had to keep to myself that I think her look in week two was the worst of the week. The makeup was off too. I understand that she was in pain but I just wasn’t wowed by her really.

BDE (Big Drag Energy)

Oqoe.gif