RuPaul’s Frack Race Season 12 + All Stars 5 | Page 458 | The Popjustice Forum

RuPaul’s Frack Race Season 12 + All Stars 5

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Vasilios, Jan 23, 2020.

1. I know we don't like mentioning her, but this is a positive!

2. I'm always nervous of red herrings, but I'll take this and run with it!

sesita, Sam, Digital_Fossil and 6 others like this.
  3. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Fff no wonder they've marked their name out - who in their right mind would need Eureka on an All Stars??

He, berserkboi, Mr.Arroz and 7 others like this.
  4. HBO have renewed We're Here for a second season which will hopefully keep Eureka too busy for the foreseeable. That probably means we'll get Silky for All Stars 6 as the mandatory insufferable big gurl and we'll have to deal.

Mr.Arroz, sesita, Capitan and 7 others like this.
  5. Not Mandatory Insufferable Big Gurl being the new Manic Pixie Dream Girl.

Mr.Arroz, sesita, Sam and 15 others like this.
  6. Why am I still laughing at this?

7. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

Too many guys think I'm a concept, or I complete them, or I'm gonna make them alive. But I'm just a fucked-up mandatory insufferable big girl who's lookin' for my own peace of mind; don't assign me yours haha ok the elephant queen is here!

8. Darienne or Nina West are right there...

Heck, I'd even take Penny Tration over Silky or Eushreaka

DoggySwami likes this.
  9. Silky is a problematic mess, but this tutorial should be put in the louvre.

How can putting on make-up go so heinously wrong but the finished product end up looking just about right.

Sam, Txetxu, sesita and 2 others like this.
  10. Hot and understanding. Big Girls never get angry; they only smile in a chagrined, loving manner and let their men do whatever they want...especially if it's that big D baby hahah!!

Sam, KYLE, constantino and 5 others like this.
  11. Darienne Lake, the original elephant queen, for All Stars 6.

[​IMG]

12. I suspect that the name is marked out because it’s E****a making that comment to herself.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    Sam, Mr Blonde, JMRGBY and 1 other person like this.
  13. Wonder why Darienne hasn't been picked yet

Andrew.L likes this.
  14. Out of every series of Drag Race, I think I've only actively disliked about two queens and Darienne Lake is one of them so it's weird to see all the love for her in this thread.
    Google 'Darienne Lake runways' and tell me why we need to see more of her!? Her personality was absolutely joyless as well.
    [​IMG]

Remyky22, DoggySwami, Eskiath and 2 others like this.
  15. Darienne had a lighthearted quip or a funny piece of shade for almost every scenario.

If you find her joyless then you're probably taking her a bit too seriously? Delta Work she is not.

16. Exactly, someone who needs to stay as far the fuck away from All Stars as possible.

If S6 had a Lipsync Tournament finale like later years, I'd have expected Ms Darienne to make it to the final one. She was literally a Lipsync Assassin (unlike the few we've seen appear on All Stars this year)

Bookwormboy likes this.
  17. I'd love to see Delta Work on Drag Race again but after the wig styling scandal I guess that'll never happen.

18. The show shade rattled everything Darienne said so of course it came off super abrasive, but she had some points. If you had to listen to Dela's Valley Girl meets Eeyore voice day in day out for a month you'd crack too.

Darienne (and Pandora) on a Ricki Lake episode 'You're too fat to be a drag queen' in 1996 is iconic

19. Delta exudes such miserable, dour energy. Her wig styling was also laughably bad. I mean...having to digitally blur wig lines? I can't imagine why anyone would want to see her on Drag Race again.

Sam, Bobbyrae, ItBeats and 17 others like this.
  20. I'll admit I got Stockholm Syndrome'd by the producers pairing Darienne's every line with the shade rattle back when S6 was airing, but I went back to the season recently and while I think I was too harsh on her in 2014, I still don't find her all that funny. She's charming and great at drag, I just don't like her as a comedy queen.

Dretla's season 3 arc is the Bitter Betty Supernova of RuPaul's Drag Race though, whew. Even knowing that there was a fair amount of behind-the-scenes prodding of the girls doesn't change that

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.