Russian Doll | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Russian Doll

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Deleted member 30181, Mar 4, 2019.

1. I need to do a rewatch. This show was unexpectedly great!

lushLuck and Runawaywithme like this.
  2. It’s about time. I’ve even died several times over just waiting for this second season.

3. I'm so excited about this! Season one was one of my favourites ever.

lushLuck likes this.
  4. Ah I’m so happy a release date has been announced. I’ve been impatiently waiting for years for this!! Also can’t wait to see more of Annie Murphy on my screen!

GimmeWork, CaliDevotion and singabob like this.
  5. Just/Finally watched the first episode of this, it's very interesting and Natahsa is superb.

6. The fact Natasha looks stunning in every damn outfit in this.

Only on epsiode 3, but loving it

Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
    GimmeWork and lushLuck like this.
  7. This looks absolutely insane in the best way possible. I can't wait.

GimmeWork and Steve003 like this.
  8. Did we really need another season of this? The answer is a huge YES!

I'm only two episodes in so far but love the new angle and Annie Murphy is already the MVP.

IEngineered likes this.
  9. I watched a couple of episodes of this and it's not grabbing me at all. I watched the first season basically in one afternoon because I was so engrossed in the mystery but this is just not working for me at all. Natasha Lyonne is still great but the whole time travelling conceit is too murky and not intriguing enough. I just remember the first season being so perfectly paced but this is just... where is it going? What's the point?

lushLuck and Aiden like this.
  10. There's something DePalma-esque in it's depiction of New York in 1982...

I really enjoyed the first episode

VicePresidentJocasta likes this.
  11. I thought the exact same thing about the direction in the first episode!

I really liked it, as well. The twist when she looked in the mirror was so brilliant that I couldn't believe I didn't guess it earlier. I only watched the first episode, but I can't wait to dig into the rest.

Andrew likes this.
  12. Season 2 was definitely worth the wait. It was even more bingeable this time. I watched five episodes last night and finished the rest just now. Oh, how I've missed and LOVE Natasha Lyonne and her raspy smoking voice which was in full swing. She was fucking fantastic this season. Also really liked seeing more of Chloë Sevigny, because I know she and Natasha are best friends. And Chloë has also been great so far in The Girl from Plainville. So I'm pleased. But the best thing about this show is the lovely chemistry between Nadia and Alan, so I was thrilled that they got to spend time together.

The ending was beautiful and cathartic.

I'm also glad this season only had 7 episodes because for me personally the first season could have had an episode or two less.

Can't wait for the third and final chapter. As Natasha intended from the start.

13. I’m 5 episodes in and really loving it so far. Annie Murphy is great, as expected as well. I wonder if the third season (if there is one??) will be within the next year or will they wait a bit longer again between seasons.

Andrew likes this.
  14. This season was trippy as hell and I didnt understand it at times but I’m glad they done a second season

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
  15. I enjoyed the new season but I think season one was a bit better. Also there was not enough of Alan in Season 2 - would of liked his story be told a bit more.

16. I've actually enjoyed season 2 more than the first one! Also Charlie Barnett is hot as hell.

17. Finished season two - yeah, I really loved it. It was a bit of a mind fuck at times but the show is just so enjoyable.

I was surprised to see Rosie O Donnell credited because I could have sworn I didn’t see her at all in the final episode. Turns out she was the voice of the subway announcer!

Hopefully there is a third and final season to cap it all off.

BTG likes this.
  18. That shot of him nude from season 1 will forever be in my brain.

Liberty likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.