Ryan Destiny - How Many (3rd Single - 9/12) | The Popjustice Forum

Ryan Destiny - How Many (3rd Single - 9/12)

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by Butterfly, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Ryan Destiny is an actress & singer, best known for her lead role as Alex on Lee Daniels' Empire spin-off Star. She is also a former member of short-lived girl-group Love Dollhouse.

Her debut single 'The Same' was released in September 2018 and re-released last month with a feature & a music video.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  2. I was very happy to see this got a re-release, it's a great song & certainly deserving of a video.
    The feature is nice, if a bit unnecessary.

Hopefully this is the proper start of her solo career, I need more.

nooniebao and slaybellz like this.
  3. This sounds exactly like another song but I can't quite put my finger on it. Actually it sounds like a million other R&B songs.

It's good though. I've always found her intriguing and like she had lots of potential. Love the choreography too. Isn't that Normani's/5H's old choreographer?

Butterfly likes this.
  4. I always thought it sounded like a Ctrl-reject so maybe it's something from that album.

slaybellz likes this.
  5. 2 years on, she's finally releasing a follow up to The Same!

nooniebao, Remorque and Diet Pop! like this.
  6. I love it! But is it 'Do You' or 'DoYou', and who is the guy all over the track?

I hope this leads to a project from her. She's so promising.

nooniebao likes this.
  7. Do You is a vibe and a BOP ! she really has all the tools to be a breakout star in the singing world . She just needs that one song to click and stick .

nooniebao likes this.

8. Another great video. I love her style & the superstar energy she exudes.

slaybellz and nooniebao like this.
  9. Love this she’s such a star I’ve had Do It on repeat as well such a bop .

10. Ryan is Justin Bieber’s love interest in his new music video out this Friday.

11. Well... she looks gorgeous in this at least! And it's nice that she has a Colin Tilley connection now.

nooniebao likes this.
  12. It’s a bit surprising that she isn’t signed to a major label considering her profile and how ambitious she seems to be. I wonder if that’s a conscious choice or if offers she might’ve received during or post-STAR haven’t been good deals?

13. She had a deal with Capitol, it caused her to lose a role as Tiana on Empire (they re-casted with Serayah). She does seem to be independent now, I guess the experience might have soured her feelings about major labels and she's held off on replacing the deal?

nooniebao likes this.
  14. Of course this is a Charlotte Rutherford shoot, absolutely flawless. No exaggeration, I think Ryan might be the most beautiful person in existence. Lovely to see she still has a connection with Brandy given that she's such an influence. I'd love to see them work together.

I hadn't heard about the biopic, she has the lead role. It's written by Barry Jenkins (Moonlight & If Beale Street Could Talk) & the directorial debut of Rachel Morrison (cinematographer for Mudbound & Black Panther). That's a major booking.

nooniebao likes this.
  15. I’ve been thinking this as well tbh . She just exudes natural beauty so effortlessly without even trying .

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    nooniebao likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.