S CLUB 7: The Rate ~ #19 "Colours of the world!" | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

S CLUB 7: The Rate ~ #19 "Colours of the world!"

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by j267, Jun 14, 2021.

1. I'm so excited for this. I feel in this rate there will be many album tracks that will give some of the singles a run for their money. You and Alive, I'm looking at you.

Remorque, bonnieetclyde and j267 like this.
  2. It's mad how on release, I thought You was one of their best and now... Well, you'll see my score eventually.

Remorque, Mvnl and Sideout like this.
  3. But You is one of their best.

4. It's rare that we agree but...

Remorque, j267 and soratami like this.
  5. You was definitely a step backwards. The singles run of Natural, NHADCT, Don't Stop Movin' and Have You Ever gave the group some credibility. You regressed them back to 1999 bubblegum pop.

Remorque, j267 and Mvnl like this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I must say that for me albumtrack wise they have just a few too many midtempo summery tracks that go nowhere plus (especially including b-sides) one too many songs that are Bring It All Back/Love Train/whatever 2.0

Remorque, Conan and j267 like this.
  7. Y'all better finally realise just how brilliant some of those '7' album tracks are like 'All In Love is Fair', 'Cross My Heart' and 'I'll Be There'.

*Fully expects people to do the dirty on the album even though it's much better than their debut and Sunshine*.

Come at me. I'm ready.

[​IMG]

Remorque, Sideout, TheOnlyOne and 3 others like this.

8. Tina's vocals are always questionable. But there is no question that she serves the biggest bops.
    (See: Stronger & Discotek)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  9. UMMM…count me in!

Remorque, j267 and soratami like this.
  10. I'm definitely in as well. I know every song by heart but look forward to a cute little revisit.

11. You is, at most, a 2 and that’d be generous.

Remorque and j267 like this.
  12. Will be dropping some of my favourite Smash Hits covers/lesser seen pics in here, during the lead up.

Here is a personal favourite from the Don't Stop Movin' video shoot. Including headlines such as "The girls can clean up" and "I wee into a cup". The Daily Mail wishes it was this high-brow.

[​IMG]

Remorque, Ezz, Doodvid and 3 others like this.
  13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Who hit Paul?

Remorque, Booers and j267 like this.
  14. I made a start on rating but, sadly I don't think I'll be taking part. Some songs still slap but I as I was listening I... It's just not for me any more.

Someone bung Natural an 11 for me? Quoting Faure? Unafraid to reference. I hope Say Goodbye does well too. A better break-up song than the Frock Destroyers.

j267 likes this.
  15. That's fair. I do think the further you delve into it, the music does tend to mature a little. Seeing Double probably being the most palatable these days and 'S Club' being the most juvenile.

Remorque likes this.
  16. Wow, this is a terrible picture. They were all done so dirty. Ecept Jo, she looks amazing.

17. Honestly, wait until you see some of the others I have. Getting 7 to look good at once is incredbily difficult, it turns out. Apparently Photoshop wasn't an option back then.

Remorque and Conan like this.
  18. My averages...

S Club - 9. (Highest - 10, lowest - 8)
    7 - 6.6. (Highest - 10, lowest - 3)
    Sunshine - 6.8 (Highest - 10, lowest - 0)
    Seeing Double - 7.6 (Highest - 10, lowest 5)

JMRGBY likes this.
  20. 7 is a slog to get through, especially after how perfect the debut era was.

My score for Sunshine was dragged down by two particularly bad songs, plus a couple of middling selections too.

Remorque, Booers and j267 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.