S Club 7 | Page 140 | The Popjustice Forum

S Club 7

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by JuanXitoSpears, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Yeah, she said on This Morning that Missing You was a cover.

actorandlyricist and popjunkie like this.
  2. It depends on the flow of the album, yet.
    She should have swapped Heaven with Relentless (Unplugged). As to make those 2 unplugged tracks "bonus tracks", at the end of the album.

j267 likes this.
  3. Missing You the John Waite song? Tina Turner is shaking.

j267 likes this.
  4. She was great on This Morning and the new tune is very welcome.

Hopefully timing is right and this works out really well for her.

Sideout, actorandlyricist and j267 like this.
  5. Huh, thats interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

popjunkie likes this.
  6. j267 likes this.
  7. JasonJay, FrancoisDit, poppop and 6 others like this.
  8. j267 and jbond88 like this.
  9. Same.

j267 likes this.
  10. Noticed a new photo on Jo's Spotify profile:

upload_2021-6-29_1-14-4.png

11. She looks good here. Oh I hope this does relatively well for her.

j267 and actorandlyricist like this.
  12. The previews sound fantastic and "On the Surface" is an extremely solid way to get her name back out there with a credible song, compared to an acoustic cover of an S Club 7 song, and as much as I am rooting for this to do well for her (even though Jo very clearly doesn't understand the charts given the sheer joy at going top 30 on iTunes with minimal sales)... I just cannot see who is going to buy or stream this? Contrary to other artists, I she doesn't have the public profile (like Emma Bunton or Louise) to get casual sales, etc.

bonnieetclyde and j267 like this.
  13. It'll either be a random hit, especially if radio get behind her and she puts in the effort with promo or....... it'll flop miserably. I don't think there will be an in between. There isn't really an audience waiting on this, apart from a very small handful of loyal S Club fans (those who probably turned up at every S Club 3 gig).

This feels like the sort of album that would do really well if released in Jan/Feb and if Jo was coming off the back of I'm a Celeb or Dancing on Ice or something. There's no platform and I don't see this being huge for her.

I guess some are thinking it'll be like when Claire from Steps released her solo album but... it's just never going to be that.

Rob, actorandlyricist and j267 like this.
  14. I mean, even as a massive S Club fan, this is likely to get one stream from me. It’s just not my sort of music.

It could do really well with the wine moms and radio 2 crowd, but I can’t see it getting promoted enough to make waves with them.

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  15. Good on her for giving it a go. She sounds great, looks great and the music is polished.

actorandlyricist and j267 like this.
  16. I'm looking forward to this album, surprisingly. It's a nice surprise.

I would love the Relentless album on Streaming though. You Didn't Know is a banger of a ballad!

17. I think all of us (Jo included) know this isn’t going to set the charts alright. However, what it will do is allow Jo to perform at random gigs and festivals with her own music, as well as throw a couple of S Club tracks in there,

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  18. I've just listened to On The Surface for the first time and it's cute but goodness, she really sounds a bit scratchy when she's belting.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  19. Since UMG is behind this are expecting it to go to DSPs?

actorandlyricist likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.